Features at a glance:
- An essential guide for anyone present or considering entering the adult soft drinks market with a view of offering innovation and added value to consumers.
- Includes an overview of global trends highlighting common themes in new product development.
- Features a wide range of products, innovations and trends shaping the future of the international adult soft drinks industry.
- Includes over 60 innovative adult soft drink brands launched between 2012 and 2014 worldwide to benchmark against leading and innovative products.
- Explores challenges and opportunities in the adult soft drinks category.
Adult soft drinks is one of the fastest growing segments of the soft drinks category mainly because almost a quarter of the world's population does not drink alcohol on a regular basis, which provides a huge potential for soft drinks manufacturers. Although the global soft drinks market is still dominated by cola and lemonade flavoured carbonates, there is an increasing global trend towards quality and craft.
Zenith's report on Adult Soft Drinks Innovation examines the key trends and themes driving innovation and new product launches during 2012-2014. The report provides an ultimate guide of the most innovative and leading products in a user-friendly presentation format to help you quickly gain an understanding of new product development worldwide.
What this report covers
- Category overview: overview of key global market trends.
- Key trends in new product development: Explores 9 main themes driving product development and innovation worldwide including a list of 6 trends shaping the future of the adult soft drink sector.
- Brand profiles: over 60 profiles of innovative adult soft drink brands including product image, detailed product information, date of launch, packaging size & type, pricing, key ingredients and description of variants.
Brand profiles featured by the following 9 key innovation themes
- 1. Reduced-calorie adult soft drinks
- 2. Natural and organic adult soft drinks
- 3. Flavour innovations
- 4. New endeavours
- 5. Packaging innovation
- 6. Limited editions
- 7. Fermented/brewed adult soft drinks
- 8. Cocktail bases and mixers
- 9. Cross-category drinks
Scope and definition:
For the purpose of this report, Zenith has limited its research scope using the following definition:
- Ready-to-drink premium soft drinks predominantly targeted at adults, usually, but not exclusively in glass bottles. Positioned and priced as premium.
- Exclusions: This innovation overview does not include alcoholic beverages or any alcohol-free drinks that are traditionally alcoholic, such as alcohol-free beer or wine. Also ready-to-drink coffee or tea and dilutables are excluded.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and scope
2. Category overview
- Overview by innovation category
- Challenges and barriers
- Insights and opportunities
3. Brand profiles
- 3.1. Brand profiles: Reduced-calorieadult soft drinks
- 3.2. Brand profiles: Natural & organic adult soft drinks
- 3.3. Brand profiles: Flavour innovation
- 3.4. Brand profiles: New endeavours
- 3.5. Brand profiles:Packaging innovation
- 3.6. Brand profiles:Limited editions
- 3.7. Brandprofiles: Fermented/brewed adult soft drinks
- 3.8. Brand profiles:Cocktail bases and mixers
- 3.9. Brandprofiles: Cross-category drinks