- An essential guide for those looking for an overview of the global stevia market and wanting to increase their understanding of its role in the market.
- Beneficial to both stevia suppliers, and food and beverage manufacturers.
- Includes a background to stevia's place in the market alongside competing sugars and sweeteners.
- Tracks industry and commercial developments, opportunities and challenges.
- Provides a profile of a selection of stevia suppliers, key stevia products, and latest product innovations.
Background and report description
With ever-increasing scrutiny amongst consumers over the content of food and beverage items, manufacturers are increasingly exploring alternative sweeteners which will enable the reduction in the number of calories, without sacrificing taste.
Over the past few years, the high intensity natural sweetener stevia has enticed both consumers and manufacturers with its 'natural' provenance and near-zero caloric benefits. With sugar being increasingly frowned upon by society, and artificial sweeteners being viewed with suspicion by many, stevia has seen its profile rise at a rapid rate since the turn of the decade.
Zenith's Global Stevia Market 2014 Report examines the background behind stevia's growth, and its growing acceptance on a global level. Factors which are shaping the market, and are expected to play a key role in future years, are also examined.
What this report covers
- Overview of the wider sweetener market: emergence, driving factors and global trends of natural and artificial high intensity sweeteners.
- In-depth analysis of the global stevia market: legislation by region, key regions of cultivation, leading suppliers by production, production and consumption trends, pricing of stevia extracts, challenges facing stevia, key commercial developments and forecasts to 2017.
- 24 stevia suppliers' profiles: company overview and details of stevia operations.
- Profiles of leading brands: leading food and beverage brands which utilise stevia, and new product innovations.
Market data provided in this report
- Global sugar consumption 2009-15
- Global sugar production 2009-15
- World raw sugar prices 2005-14
- Sugar production by region, 2013/14
- High Fructose Corn Syrup production 2004-13
- High Fructose Corn Syrup prices 2004-14
- High Fructose Corn Syrup production by country, 2013
- Global obesity rates 2005-15
- Regional prevalence of diabetes in adults, 2013
- Stevia awareness, 2013
- Stevia extract pricing, 2014
- Stevia extract pricing forecasts, 2014-16
- Global stevia market volume, 2010-14
- Global stevia market value 2010-14
- Global stevia market volume forecast, 2015-17
- Global stevia market value forecast, 2015-17
Table of Contents
- Executive summary and introduction
- 1: Sugar and sweeteners
- 2: Stevia market drivers
- 3: Emergence of stevia
- 4: Stevia legislation
- 5: Cultivation and production
- 6: Pricing
- 7: Consumption
- 8: Key developments
- 9: Challenges
- 10: Forecasts
- 11: Key products
- 12: New product launches