Product Code: 1429
"UAE's online retail growth remains in the double-digits", says yStats.com.
“UAE B2C E-Commerce Market 2019” is the title of a new publication by yStats.com, a leading secondary market research agency based in Hamburg, Germany. The report unveils the top growth drivers and trends in the UAE's online retail sales, concluding that the market will maintain a double-digit growth rate at least through 2022.
UAE among the E-Commerce leaders in MENA
With its high Internet and smartphone penetration rate, the UAE holds one of the leading positions among the top online retail markets in the Middle East and North Africa. Recent market trends such as M-Commerce and cross-border online shopping are expected to help the country maintain strong double-digit growth in B2C E-Commerce sales at least through 2022.
Online retail competition in the UAE becomes more intense
Amidst this growth, the rivalry between the top market players and emerging competitors is becoming more intense. Amazon is planning to launch locally in 2019, having previously acquired the region's major E-Commerce marketplace Souq.com. A fast growing player is Noon.com, which cooperates with eBay to utilize the cross-border online shopping opportunity.
United Arab Emirates.
Amazon Inc, Awok.com, Dubizzle Ltd, eBay Inc, Hennes & Mauritz AB, Noon AD Holdings Ltd, Sharaf DG LLC, Souq.com FZ-LLC.
Table of Contents
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
- B2C E-Commerce Market Overview and International Comparisons, March 2019
- Retail E-Commerce Sales in MENA, by Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Rest of GCC, Egypt, and Rest of MENA, in USD billion, 2017 - 2022f
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in MENA by the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Other Countries, in %, 2017
- B2C E-Commerce Indicators, including Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Internet Users, Annual Purchase Frequency, in Units, Spending per Basket, in USD and E-Commerce Penetration, in % of Total Retail Sales, by the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt in comparison to the UK, USA and China, in %, 2017/2018
- Internet Penetration in MENA, by the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Rest of MENA and Total, in %, 2017 - 2022f
- Internet Penetration in MENA, in % of Individuals, by Country, incl. UAE, 2017
- Mobile Internet User Penetration in MENA, in % of Individuals, by Country, incl. UAE, June 2018
- Cross-Border Online Shopper Penetration, by Israel, South Africa and the UAE, in % of Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Breakdown of Internet Traffic by Device, in %, 2018
- Shopping-Related Activities Carried Out Online, in % of Individuals, 2018
- Share of Online Shoppers Who Purchased via Smartphone, in %, 2016 & 2018
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers by Domestic Shoppers Only, Domestic and Cross-Border Shoppers, and Cross-Border Shoppers Only, in %, 2016 & 2018
- Mobile Share of Cross-Border Online Spending, in %, 12 Months to May 2018
- Top Product Categories Purchased Cross-Border, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Top Reasons for Buying From Top 3 Foreign Markets, in % of Online Shoppers in the UAE Buying From the Respective Market, May 2018
4. Sales & Shares
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in AED billion, 2017, 2018 & 2023f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2017 & 2022f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, 2017
5. Users & Shoppers
- Internet Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2011 - 2017
- Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2018e
- Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Internet Users, 2016 & 2018
- Breakdown of Frequency of Online Shoppers by Frequent Shopper, Average Shopper and Non-Frequent Shopper and by Age and Gender, in %, 2018
- Top 5 Reasons For Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, November 2017
- Product and Service Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2017 & 2018
- Top 3 Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018
- B2C E-Commerce Sales of Electronics, in AED billion, 2017 & 2018e
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales of Consumer Electronics, in %, 2017 & 2018e
- Share of Online Grocery Sales in Total Retail Sales, in %, 2018e
- Share of Online Shoppers Paying by Cash on Delivery, in %, April 2018
- Breakdown of Payment Methods Used in E-Commerce, in % of Respondents, 2017 & 2018
- Breakdown of Frequency of Using Digital Wallets, in % of Respondents Who Use Digital Wallets, and Share of Non-Users Who Are Likely to Start Using Digital Wallets in Near Future, in %, February 2018
- Product Categories Paid with Contactless Cards (In-Store) and with Digital Wallets (In-Store and Online), in % of Respondents Using the Respective Method, February 2018
- Top 5 Payment Methods Used in Cross-Border E-Commerce, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Omnichannel Features Supported by Multichannel Retailers, in %, August 2018
- Delivery-Related Options Encouraging to Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018
- B2C E-Commerce Players Overview, March 2019
- Most Popular Types of E-Commerce Websites, in % of Online Shoppers, November 2017
- Market Share of B2C E-Commerce Retailers by Type, in %, 2017
- Top Online Shopping Websites, incl. Total Number of Visits on Desktop and Mobile, in millions, UAE's Share of Total Visits on Desktop, in %, Average Visit Duration, Pages Per Visit and Bounce Rate, January 2019"