Product Code: WI0449MR
This report is the result of WealthInsight's extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong.
The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2011 and the end of 2015. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kong HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2011 to 2015
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2020
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2011-2015)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
The Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2016 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2020.
- Hong Kong HNWIs held 38.2% (US$435.8 billion) of their wealth outside their home country in 2015.
- Foreign asset holdings are expected to increase to US$486.2 billion by 2020, accounting for 34.2% of the country's total HNWI assets.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for 55% of Hong Kong HNWIs' foreign assets in 2015. This was followed by Latin America with 17.6%, North America with 15.4%, Europe with 5.1%, Africa with 4.2% and the Middle East with 2.7%.
- Hong Kong HNWI allocations to Asia-Pacific decreased during the review period, from 58.8% in 2011 to 55% in 2015.
- WealthInsight expects HNWIs to decrease their level of investment in Asia-Pacific over the forecast period, to reach 51.5% of foreign HNWI assets by 2020.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Details of this Report
- 1.2. Definitions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. HONG KONG KEY FACTS
4. DISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN HONG KONG
- 4.1. HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
5. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 5.1. Domestic private banks
- 5.2. Foreign Private Banks
- 5.3. Wealth managers
- 5.4. Family offices
6. KEY DRIVERS
- 6.1. HKD-US$ Exchange Rate
- 6.2. Real GDP Growth
- 6.3. Per Capita GDP
- 6.4. Domestic Market Capitalization
- 6.5. Commodity Index
- 6.6. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) - Inflows and Outflows
- 6.7. Inflation Rate
- 6.8. Interest Rate
- 6.9. Balance of Payments
- 6.1. Government Debt
- 6.11. Stock Market Performance
- 6.12. Wealth Breakdowns
7. ABOUT WEALTHINSIGHT
List of Tables
- Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Table 2: Hong Kong Exchange Rate - HKD-US$ Exchange Rate, 2011-2020
- Table 3: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Table 4: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Table 5: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Table 6: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Table 7: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Table 8: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Table 9: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Table 10: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Table 11: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Table 12: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Table 13: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Table 14: Hong Kong - Appendix One
- Table 15: Hong Kong - Appendix Two
List of Figures
- Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
- Figure 2: Map of Hong Kong
- Figure 3: Hong Kong Asset Price Performance (%), 2011-2015
- Figure 4: Hong Kong HNWI Performance (US$ Billion and HNWI Volume), 2011-2020
- Figure 5: Hong Kong vs Global HNWIs (%), 2011-2015
- Figure 6: Hong Kong Exchange Rate - HKD-US$, 2011-2020
- Figure 7: Hong Kong Real GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020
- Figure 8: Hong Kong GDP per Capita (US$), 2011-2020
- Figure 9: Hong Kong Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Figure 10: Hong Kong Commodity Indices, 2011-2020
- Figure 11: Hong Kong Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Figure 12: Hong Kong Inflation Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Figure 13: Hong Kong Money Market Rate (%), 2011-2020
- Figure 14: Hong Kong Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2011-2015
- Figure 15: Hong Kong Government Debt as a Percentage of GDP (%), 2011-2020
- Figure 16: Hong Kong Stock Market Performance (Index), 2011-2015
- Figure 17: Hong Kong HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2011-2020
- Figure 18: Hong Kong HNWIs - Volume by Wealth Band, 2011-2020
- Figure 19: Hong Kong HNWIs - Wealth by Wealth Band (US$ Billion), 2011-2020
- Figure 20: Hong Kong HNWIs - Wealth per Capita (US$ Million), 2011-2020