Product Code: VPAC15227
A strategic assessment of the competitive environment is widely recognized as one of the highest priority management responsibilities, a task crucial to business survival, growth and profitability. Timely and factual competitive intelligence is vital to the success of all business functions, especially Planning, Marketing, R&D and Manufacturing.
In a highly dynamic and fragmented agrochemical market, besieged by intense competition, the ability to anticipate new product introductions and marketing strategies is particularly important...and spells the difference between success and failure.
This unique multi-client study was prepared by VPGMarketResearch in order to provide industry executives with strategically significant competitor information, analysis and insight, critical to the development and implementation of effective marketing and R&D programs. The study's major objectives include:
- To establish comprehensive, factual and cost-effective information base on performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the world's leading agrochemical companies.
- To help current suppliers realistically assess their technological and marketing capabilities vis-a-vis leading competitors.
- To assist potential market entrants in evaluating prospective acquisitions and joint venture candidates.
- To complement organizations' internal competitor information gathering efforts with strategic analysis, data interpretation and insight.
- To identify least competitive market niches with significant growth potential.
The Top 10 report is based on a combination of primary and secondary information sources, including VPGMarketResearch's proprietary database, developed during the firm's continuous monitoring of the agrochemical industry, as well as over 100 syndicated multi-client studies and numerous proprietary single-client assignments. This database contains information on major agrochemical companies, technologies, products and executives worldwide. Moreover, a comprehensive review of the Top 10 companies' product and financial literature, business and technical periodicals, and pertinent industry analyst reports was conducted.
Contains: 400 pages and 65 tables.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- A 3-5 page synopsis of key sections.
SECTION II: BUSINESS ORGANIZATION
- History of the company's agrochemical business evolution, which is
imporant to understanding the corporate culture, management mentality and
- Recent acquisitions, divestitures and major organizational changes.
- Current organizational structure.
SECTION III: SENIOR MANAGEMENT
- Names, titles and background of key executives.
SECTION IV: FACILITIES AND EMPLOYEES
- Administrative, manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Manufacturing practices.
- New plants under construction.
- The U.S. and international work force size and distribution.
SECTION V:TECHNOLOGICAL KNOW-HOW
- Internally developed and acquired agrochemical and related capabilities.
- Proprietary technologies and patent litigation.
SECTION VI: PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- Review of major product lines.
- Applications, advantages and weaknesses of leading products.
SECTION VII: MARKETING TACTICS
- Promotional tactics.
- Distribution approaches.
- Product service and support.
- Customer relations.
SECTION VIII: FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Estimated sales by division, product line and geographic region.
- Five-year sales and operating profit performance.
SECTION IX: R&D EXPENDITURES AND MAJOR PROGRAMS
- Estimated R&D budget.
- Research facilities and staff.
- New technologies, products and applications in development.
SECTION X: COLLABORATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
- Joint ventures, distribution, O.E.M. and licensing partners, both
industrial and academic.
- Terms of collaborative agreements and specific products involved.
SECTION XI: STRATEGIC DIRECTION
- Specific business, new product development and marketing strategies.
- Anticipated acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures.
In this section of the report, the Top 10 companies will be ranked according
to the following criteria:
- Sales estimates in North America, Europe, Japan and other regions.
- Sales by product category.
- Operating profit and margins.
- R&D expenditures, and others.
LIST OF TABLES
- TABLE BF-1: BASF SALES AND PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE BF-2: BASF SALES BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE BF-3: BASF PROFIT BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE BF-4: BASF SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE BR-1: BAYER SALES BY SECTOR
- TABLE BR-2: BAYER SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE BR-3: BAYER CROPSCIENCE SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE BR-4: BAYER CROPSCIENCE SALES BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE DC-1: DOW SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE DC-2: DOW SALES BY OPERATING SEGMENT
- TABLE DC-3: DOW SALES GROWTH BY OPERATING SEGMENT
- TABLE DC-4: DOW SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE DC-5: DOW SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE DC-6: DOW AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES SALES BY PRODUCT
- TABLE DP-1: DUPONT SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE DP-2: DUPONT SALES BY INDUSTRY SEGMENT
- TABLE DP-3: DUPONT SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE DP-4: DUPONT SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE F-1: FMC SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE F-2: FMC SALES BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE F-3: FMC SALES GROWTH BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE F-4: FMC OPERATING PROFIT AND MARGINS BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE F-5: FMC OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE F-6: FMC SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE F-7: FMC SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE F-8: FMC AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS SALES BY CATEGORY
- TABLE MA-1: MAKHTESHIM-AGAN SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE MA-2: MAKHTESHIM-AGAN SALES BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE MA-3: MAKHTESHIM-AGAN SALES GROWTH BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE MA-4: MAKHTESHIM-AGAN SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE MA-5: MAKHTESHIM-AGAN SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE MO-1: MONSANTO SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE MO-2: MONSANTO SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE MO-3: MONSANTO SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE MO-4: MONSANTO SALES BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE MO-5: MONSANTO SALES GROWTH BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE NU-1: NUFARM SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE NU-2: NUFARM SALES BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE NU-3: NUFARM SALES GROWTH BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE NU-4: NUFARM SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE NU-5: NUFARM SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE NU-6: NUFARM CROP PROTECTION SALES BY PRODUCT CATEGORY
- TABLE SU-1: SUMITOMO SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE SU-2: SUMITOMO SALES BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE SU-3: SUMITOMO SALES GROWTH BY BUSINESS SEGMENT
- TABLE SU-4: SUMITOMO SALES BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE SU-5: SUMITOMO SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION
- TABLE SU-6: SUMITOMO AGRICULTURAL CHEMICALS SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT
- TABLE SY-1: SYNGENTA SALES AND OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH
- TABLE SY-2: SYNGENTA SALES GROWTH BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE SY-3: SYNGENTA OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH BY PRODUCT LINE
- TABLE SY-4: SYNGENTA SALES GROWTH BY GEOGRAPHIC REGION