Product Code: VPID18261
This report presents detailed analyses of the AIDS diagnostics market in Japan. The report provides test volume and sales forecasts for HIV/HIV-1/2/Combo, HIVAg/HIV NAT, Western Blot, HTLV-I/II and other confirmatory tests performed in the following market segments:
- Commercial/Private Laboratories
- Blood Banks
In addition to test volume and sales projections, the report presents sales and market share estimates for major suppliers of AIDS tests.
Provides scientific views on the definition, epidemiology and etiology of AIDS and other retroviruses.
Examines market applications of Molecular Diagnostics, Immunodiagnostics, IT and other emerging technologies.
Reviews infectious disease testing analyzers marketed by Abbott, Beckman Coulter/Danaher, bioMerieux, Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics/J&J, Roche, Siemens, Tosoh and other suppliers.
- Profiles leading manufacturers and potential market entrants developing innovative technologies and products.
- Analyzes alternative market penetration strategies for suppliers.
The report is based on a combination of primary and secondary information sources, including VPGMarketResearch’s proprietary database developed during the course of over 100 syndicated studies and numerous proprietary single-client assignments. The database contains information on companies, technologies, products and executives worldwide. Moreover, a comprehensive review of the product and financial literature, business and technical periodicals, and pertinent industry analyst reports was conducted.
Contains 250 pages and 7 tables
Table of Contents
II. AIDS/HIV Worldwide Market and Technology Overview
- A. Background
- B. Diagnostic Tests: HIV-1/2, HIV Ag, NAT, Western Blot
- C. Vaccines and Drugs
- D. Instrumentation Review and Market Needs
- E. Emerging Diagnostic Technologies
III. Japan: Market Size, Growth and Major Suppliers'
IV. Alternative Market Penetration Strategies
- A. Internal Development
- B. Collaborative Arrangements
- C. University Contracts
- D. Distribution Strategies for Decentralized Testing Markets
- 1. Marketing Approaches
- 2. Product Complexity
- 3. Customer Preference
- 4. Established Suppliers
- 5. Emerging Suppliers
- 6. Major Types of Distributors
- 7. Market Segmentation
V. Potential Market Entry Barriers and Risks
- A. Market Maturity
- B. Cost Containment
- C. Competition
- D. Technological Edge and Limitations
- E. Patent Protection
- F. Regulatory Constraints
- G. Decentralized Testing Market Challenges
VI. Competitive Assessments
- Beckman Coulter/Danaher
- Becton Dickinson
- Eiken Chemical
- Enzo Biochem
- ID Biomedical/GSK
- Life Technology
- Novartis Diagnostics
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
- Takara Bio
- Thermo Fisher
List of Tables
- Table 1. Major Companies Developing or Marketing AIDS Tests
- Table 2. Japan: HIV or HIV-1/2 Test Volume and Sales Forecast by Market Segment
- Table 3. Japan: HIV Ag Test Volume and Sales Forecast by Market Segment
- Table 4. Japan: Western Blot/Other Confirmatory Tests Volume and Sales Forecast by Market Segment
- Table 5. Japan: HIV NAT Blood Screening Test Volume and Diagnostics Sales
- Table 6. Japan: AIDS Diagnostics Market by Major Supplier
- Table 7. Japan: HIV Blood Screening NAT Sales and Market Shares of Major Suppliers