What questions are addressed?
- Who leads the markets for IoT gateway devices and gateway embedded hardware?
- What are the key areas for differentiation of IoT gateway products?
- Where are IoT gateways shipping geographically and what is influencing broader adoption?
- How will demand for intelligent gateways compare with M2M gateways through the next several years?
- Why are more different players entering the gateways market?
- Which connectivity technologies will see the greatest uptick in support through 2021 and what are the expectations for supporting new low-power wide-area networks?
Organizations Listed in this Report
Advantech (B+B SmartWorx), Arm, CalAmp, Cisco Systems, congatec, CONTEC, Dell Technologies, Digi International, Eurotech, HARMAN, HPE, Intel, Kontron, Laird, Lantronix, Link Labs, Mentor, MultiTech, NXP, Red Hat, Siemens, Sierra Wireless, Silver Spring Networks, Supermicro
Table of Contents
- Inside This Report
- Executive Summary
- Global Market Overview
- Regional Forecasts
- Comparative Forecast by Vertical Market
- Comparative Forecast by Gateway Hardware Type
- Comparative Forecast by Connectivity Support
- Competitive Landscape
- End-User Insights
- Appendix: Market Definitions
- About VDC Research
list of exhibits
- Exhibit 1: Global Shipments of IoT Gateways, 2016-2021 (Billions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 2: Global Shipments of IoT Gateways, 2016-2021 (Millions of Units)
- Exhibit 3: IoT Gateway Solution Architecture
- Exhibit 4: IoT Gateway Technology Definitions & Product Examples
- Exhibit 5: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Devices & Hardware Segmented by Geography, 2016-2021 (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 6: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Devices & Hardware Segmented by Vertical Market, 2016 & 2021 (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 7: Forecasted Global Shipments of IoT Gateways by Processor Architecture, 2016 & 2021 (Percentage of Revenue)
- Exhibit 8: Forecasted IoT Gateway Device Support for Connectivity Segmented by Technology (Percentage of Unit Shipments)
- Exhibit 9: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Devices, Segmented by Leading Vendor (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 10: Global Shipments Gateway Embedded Hardware, Segmented by Leading Vendor (Millions of Dollars)
- Exhibit 11: Most Important Selection Criteria for IoT Gateway Hardware Segmented by Vertical Market (Percentage of Respondents)
- Exhibit 12: Most Important Selection Criteria for IoT Vendors Segmented by Region (Percentage of Respondents)
- Exhibit 13: Types of Other Devices/Systems IoT Gateways Designed to Connect in Current Projects Segmented by Vertical Market (Percentage of Respondents)