The global market for IoT gateways and the role they play in connected solution architectures are quickly changing. Gone are the days when gateways served principally as connectivity hardware platforms for physical communications integration. Instead, IoT gateways are becoming critical pieces of infrastructure enabling a variety of new functionality and performance for edge computing, data analytics, and business application integration. This program examines the market for IoT gateway devices, including intelligent and M2M gateways, offering extensive market sizing, vertical market forecasts, and competitive shares for gateways used for IoT and embedded device networks.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE ADDRESSED?
- What new features and technologies are being embedded within IoT gateways?
- How important is hardware ruggedization or hardening for gateway systems?
- Who are the leading suppliers of intelligent gateways and M2M gateways and why?
- Which industries are seeing the greatest opportunities for more IoT gateway deployments through the next five years?
- What are the differences in go-to-market for OEM gateway systems and embedded gateway systems?
- Why are gateway technology suppliers establishing more support and partnerships throughout the IoT value chain?
ORGANIZATIONS LISTED IN THIS REPORT:
- AAEON Technology
- Advantech (B+B SmartWorx)
- AEWIN Technologies
- Cisco Systems
- DFI / ITOX
- Digi International
- Lanner Electronics
- Logic Supply
- Multi-Tech Systems
- NetComm Wireless
- Sierra Wireless
- Supermicro Computer
- TQ Systems
Table of Contents
- Inside This Report
- Executive Summary
- Global Market Overview
- Regional Forecasts
- Comparative Forecast by Vertical Market
- Comparative Forecast by Distribution Channel
- Competitive Landscape
- End-User Insights
- Appendix: Market Definitions
- About VDC Research
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 1: IoT Gateway Technology Definitions & Product Examples
- Exhibit 2: Global Shipments of IoT Gateways Segmented by Device Type, 2017-2022
- Exhibit 3: Global Shipments and Average Selling Prices of IoT Gateways Segmented by System Type, 2017-2022
- Exhibit 4: Global Shipments of IoT Gateways Segmented by Geography, 2017-2022
- Exhibit 5: Global Shipments of IoT Gateways Segmented by Vertical Market, 2017 & 2022
- Exhibit 6: Forecasted IoT Gateway Support for Connectivity Segmented by Technology, 2017-2022
- Exhibit 7: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Systems Segmented by Distribution Channel, 2017
- Exhibit 8: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Devices Segmented by Leading Vendor, 2017
- Exhibit 9: Global Shipments of IoT Gateway Systems Segmented by Leading Vendor, 2017
- Exhibit 10: Estimated Distribution of Development Costs and Defect Rates on Current Projects Segmented by Gateway Project Type
- Exhibit 11: Importance of Security and Fastest Growing Security Solutions to Protect Connected IoT Devices on Current Projects Segmented by Gateway Project Type
- Exhibit 12: Largest Overall Challenge for Respondents' Organizations in Developing IoT Solutions on Current Projects Segmented by Gateway Project Type