INSIDE THIS REPORT
The contents of this report cover the overall market opportunity for wearable devices used to support mobile enterprise
and public sector line-of-business (LoB) applications. For this LoB subset of the market, examples of end users whose
applications often rely on wearables include, but are not limited to: retail sales associates, delivery drivers, nurses/
clinicians, warehouse workers, law enforcement/public safety officials, and field service technicians. This report
includes market sizing and forecasts for wearable devices through 2020. It also breaks down market opportunity by
region, industry, and application environments. Wearable devices covered include wrist and belt worn computers,
smart glasses and head-worn devices, and wearable cameras. It is important to note that for the purpose of this report,
fitness bands and smart watches are not included in its scope.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE ADDRESSED?
- What is the outlook for enterprise and government-dedicated wearables for mobile LoB applications?
- What is the relative opportunity by regional market, industry, and application environment?
- What impact is the development of consumer-grade wearable technology having on the LoB marketspace?
- How do mobile device requirements align with specific vertical markets and applications?
- What are the primary device functionality requirements by industry?
- Which workflows are best able to leverage wearable solutions?
- Which vendors are best positioned to leverage wearable solution opportunities?
- How has the operating system (OS) landscape for wearable devices changed over the past few years and how will it continue to evolve moving forward.
- What does the future hold for augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) technology in an enterprise setting?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Inside This Report
- Executive Summary
- Global Market Overview and Forecast
- Regional Forecasts
- Wearable Technology Trends
- Forecasts by Application Environment
- Competitive Landscape
- About VDC Research
LIST OF EXHIBITS AND FIGURES
- Exhibit 1: Enterprise Use and Evaluation of Wearable Devices for Frontline Workers
- Exhibit 2: Primary Factors Driving Enterprise Wearable Device Adoption
- Exhibit 3: 2016-2020 Global Forecast for Enterprise Wearable Devices
- Exhibit 4: 2016-2020 Forecast for Enterprise Wrist and Belt Worn Computers by Target Industry and Use Case
- Exhibit 5: 2016-2020 Forecast for Enterprise Smart Glasses and Head Worn Devices by Target Industry and Use Case
- Exhibit 6: 2016-2020 Americas Forecast for Enterprise Wearable Devices
- Exhibit 7: 2016-2020 EMEA Forecast for Enterprise Wearable Devices
- Exhibit 8: 2016-2020 Asia-Pacific Forecast for Enterprise Wearable Devices
- Figure A: Potential of Augmented Reality Extends Well Beyond Warehouse
- Figure B: AR Adoption Challenges
- Figure C: Top 3 Consumer-Grade Wearable Operating Systems
- Figure D: Impact of Voice Solutions on Core Warehouse Operations
- Exhibit 9: Global Wearable Device Forecast Supporting Field Mobility Applications
- Exhibit 10: Does Your Organization Use/Plan to Deploy Wearable Devices for Its Field Mobility Operations?
- Exhibit 11: Global Wearable Device Forecast Supporting Health Care Applications
- Exhibit 12: Does Your Organization Use/Plan to Deploy Wearable Devices for Its Health Care Operations?
- Exhibit 13: Global Wearable Device Forecast Supporting Manufacturing Applications
- Exhibit 14: Does Your Organization Use/Plan to Deploy Wearable Devices for Its Manufacturing Operations?
- Exhibit 15: Global Wearable Device Forecast Supporting Warehousing/Distribution Centers Applications
- Exhibit 16: Does Your Organization Use/Plan to Deploy Wearable Devices for Its Warehousing/Distribution Centers Operations?
- Figure E: Addressing Warehouse Workflow Inefficiencies through Wearable Solutions
- Exhibit 17: Global Wearable Device Forecast Supporting Government/Public Safety Applications
- Exhibit 18: Does Your Organization Use/Plan to Deploy Wearable Devices for Its Government/Public Safety Operations?