Product Code: GDCN0132PI
GlobalData's Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking airport related construction projects in the Americas with a total value of US$ 150.5 billion. Of this, US$81.6 billion is in the execution stage and US$31.2 billion is in the planning stage. The US accounts for the highest value with US$123.2 billion, followed by Brazil with projects valuing US$8.0 billion. Mexico and Canada follow with airport construction projects with a value of US$4.1 billion and US$3.7 billion respectively. The highest value airport projects in the region are the US$15.5 billion O'Hare International Airport Expansion in, Chicago, and the US$13.0 billion John F. Kennedy International Airport Redevelopment in New York, both in the US.
North America is a mature market, with little growth in new airports however there is considerable activity on expanding existing facilities in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Dallas-Fort Worth, as well as the world's busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. Airports Council International North America (ACI-NA) estimate that US airports generate more than US$1.1 trillion in annual economic activity and support nearly 10 million jobs. The ACI-NA asserts that US airports require infrastructure upgrades of nearly US$130 billion by 2023, or US$26 billion per year, with more than 56% of the needs inside aging terminals.
- The total pipeline of projects is valued at US$150.5 billion with US$15.8 billion being spent in 2019 and US$24.2 billion in 2020.
- The highest value of projects are at the execution stage with a total value of US$81.6 billion, followed by projects in the planning stage with US$31.2 billion.
- Projects in the pre-execution stage amount to US$26.0 billion, while those at the pre-planning stage total US$3.6 billion.
- Assuming all projects in the current pipeline proceed as planned, spending will reach US$24.2 billion in 2020 and fall to US$8.9 billion in 2023. The highest value of project completions will be in 2021, with a value of US$26.3 billion.
- The top contractors in the region are Walsh Construction Co, and Austin Industries Inc, both based in the US. The top consulting engineers are CH2M HILL Inc and A. Epstein and Sons International Inc, both based in the US.
- The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for the Americas and analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries. The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value of airport construction. Ranked listings of the key operators for the sector are also provided showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners. Country profiles are provided for the top 10 countries including the US, Brazil and Mexico.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into the development of the airport construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development for the region and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
Table of Contents
2. PROJECT ANALYTICS BY COUNTRY
- 2.1. The US
- 2.2. Brazil
- 2.3. Mexico
- 2.4. Canada
- 2.5. Costa Rica
- 2.6. Colombia
- 2.7. Peru
- 2.8. Chile
- 2.9. El Salvador
- 2.10. Guatemala
3. ABOUT GLOBAL DATA
- 3.1. GlobalData at a Glance
- 3.2. GlobalData Construction
- 3.3. Disclaimer
- 3.4. Contact Us