Product Code: GDCN0523MR
The Vietnam construction industry's output growth is expected to decelerate to 5.2% in 2020, owing to COVID-19 disruption, but is thereafter forecast to grow at an annual average rate of 7.7% between 2021-2024. This growth will be supported by the government's focus on improving regional connectivity through the development of the country's rail, road and air transport infrastructure, coupled with efforts to boost energy production.
Reflecting the COVID-19 effect, the real growth rate for the construction value-add series has fallen below 5% for the first time since the first quarter of 2013. According to the General Statistics Office (GSO), the industry's value-add at 2010 constant prices grew by 4.6% year-on-year in the second quarter of 2020 (the latest data available at the time of writing), compared to year-on-year growths of 4.4%, 10.3% and 9% in Q1 2020, Q4 2019 and Q3 2019, respectively. In the coming quarters, the construction industry's output growth is expected to pick up, driven by the government's focus on the development of the country's transport and energy infrastructure.
Efforts to attract foreign investment through the public private partnerships (PPP) model will support the construction industry over the forecast period. In June 2020, the national assembly adopted the law on PPP investment, which is aimed at regulating investment activities and attracting private investment under the PPP model. The government's efforts to balance supply and demand for affordable housing will also generate momentum in the residential sector. Ongoing urbanization will continue to generate demand for residential and infrastructure development
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Vietnamese construction industry, including -
- The Vietnamese construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and construction activity
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, as well as an analysis of key risks and opportunities in the Vietnamese construction industry
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, focusing on development stages and participants, in addition to listings of major projects in the pipeline
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Vietnam. It provides -
- Historical (2015-2019) and forecast (2020-2024) valuations of the construction industry in Vietnam, featuring details of key growth drivers.
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector
- Analysis of the mega-project pipeline, including breakdowns by development stage across all sectors, and projected spending on projects in the existing pipeline.
- Listings of major projects, in addition to details of leading contractors and consultants
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using GlobalData's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies.
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts.
- Understand the latest industry and market trends.
- Formulate and validate strategy using GlobalData's critical and actionable insight.
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures.
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Construction Industry: At-a-glance
- 3.1. Economic Performance
- 3.2. Political Environment and Policy
- 3.3. Demographics
- 3.4. COVID-19 Status
4 Construction Outlook
- 4.1. All Construction
- 4.1.1. Outlook
- 4.1.2. Latest news and developments
- 4.1.3. Construction Projects Momentum Index
- 4.2. Commercial Construction
- 4.2.1. Outlook
- 4.2.2. Project analytics
- 4.2.3. Latest news and developments
- 4.3. Industrial Construction
- 4.3.1. Outlook
- 4.3.2. Project analytics
- 4.3.3. Latest news and developments
- 4.4. Infrastructure Construction
- 4.4.1. Outlook
- 4.4.2. Project analytics
- 4.4.3. Latest news and developments
- 4.5. Energy and Utilities Construction
- 4.5.1. Outlook
- 4.5.2. Project analytics
- 4.5.3. Latest news and developments
- 4.6. Institutional Construction
- 4.6.1. Outlook
- 4.6.2. Project analytics
- 4.6.3. Latest news and developments
- 4.7. Residential Construction
- 4.7.1. Outlook
- 4.7.2. Project analytics
- 4.7.3. Latest news and developments
5 Key Industry Participants
- 5.1. Contractors
- 5.2. Consultants
6 Construction Market Data
- 7.1. What is this Report About?
- 7.2. Definitions
8 About GlobalData
- 8.1. GlobalData Construction
- 8.2. Disclaimer
- 8.3. Contact Us