Product Code: D76B
3DP, AR, VR, Advanced Robotics, and IIoT Drive Opportunities in Smart Manufacturing
The advent of Industry 4.0 and smart factories, digital manufacturing technologies have been experiencing exponential technological growth in recent years. Disruptive Technologies are playing a vital role in the revolutionary transformation of many key industries, such as aerospace, automotive, industrial automation, healthcare, and oil and gas sectors. 3D printing, advanced robotics, IIoT and many data driven technologies are not only redefining manufacturing, but are also fundamentally reshaping the product design.
Industries and manufacturers have started to adopt these transformative technologies to achieve maximum benefit from the technologies in terms of operating profits and achieving sustainability in manufacturing. The entire new transformation and revitalization in manufacturing is defined by data technologies and data analytics that will make the future of manufacturing highly automated and self-sufficient entities.
This technology and innovation assessment study titled 'Adoption of Disruptive technologies transforming manufacturing' will answer some critical questions about the transformative and disruptive technologies and their future.
Some of the key questions answered through this innovation report include :
- What is the significance of Industry 4.0?
- What are the disruptive technologies transforming the manufacturing landscape?
- How will adoption of disruptive technologies transform manufacturing?
- What are the industry trends driving adoption?
- What are the key drivers and challenges of each disruptive technology?
- What are the companies that are in the forefront of each technology and what do they offer?
- What is the adoption potential of each disruptive technology in key industries?
- What are future growth opportunities?
Table of Contents
1. 1.0 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1. 1.1 Research Scope
- 2. 1.2 Research Methodology
- 3. 1.3 Research Methodology Explained
- 4. 1.4 Key Findings
2. 2.0 TRANSFORMATION IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY: AN INTRODUCTION
- 1. 2.1 Radical Transitions in Manufacturing: The Industrial Revolution
- 2. 2.2 The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- 3. 2.3 Key Features of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- 4. 2.4 What are Cyber-physical Systems?
- 5. 2.5 Key Disruptive Technologies Transforming Manufacturing at a Fast Pace
3. 3.0 3D PRINTING: A RAPID TRANSFORMATION FORCE IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
- 1. 3.1 How is 3D Printing Transforming Manufacturing?
- 2. 3.2 3D Printing: A Technology Overview of Selected Techniques
- 3. 3.3 3D Printing: Drivers And Challenges Influencing Adoption
- 4. 3.4 3D Printing: Drivers Explained
- 5. 3.5 3D Printing: Challenges Explained
- 6. 3.6 3D Printing: Market Overview
- 7. 3.7 3D Printing: Key Adopters
- 8. 3.8 3D Printing: Product/Solution Providers
- 9. 3.8 3D Printing: Product/Solution Providers (Continued)
4. 4.0 ADVANCED ROBOTICS: TRANSFORMING THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR THROUGH PRECISE AUTOMATION
- 1. 4.1 How is Advanced Robotics Transforming Manufacturing?
- 2. 4.2 Advanced Robotics on the Factory Floor
- 3. 4.3 Impact of Disruptive Technologies in Advanced Robotics and How It Benefits Manufacturing
- 4. 4.4 Advanced Robotics: Drivers and Challenges Influencing Adoption
- 5. 4.5 Advanced Robotics: Drivers Explained
- 6. 4.6 Advanced Robotics: Challenges Explained
- 7. 4.7 Advanced Robotics: Key Players in Collaborative Robotics
- 8. 4.8 Advanced Robotics: Key Stakeholders in Robotic Exoskeletons
5. 5.0 INTERNET-OF-THINGS: THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND THE FOURTH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
- 1. 5.1 How is IoT Transforming Manufacturing?
- 2. 5.2 IoT to IIoT: The Framework of IoT-enabled Manufacturing
- 3. 5.3 Key Enablers of IIoT
- 4. 5.4 IoT: Drivers and Challenges Influencing Adoption
- 5. 5.5 IoT: Drivers Explained
- 6. 5.6 IoT: Challenges Explained
- 7. 5.7 IIoT: Key Stakeholders
6. 6.0 VIRTUAL REALITY AND AUGMENTED REALITY: ENABLERS OF SMART MANUFACTURING
- 1. 6.1 How are Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Transforming Manufacturing?
- 2. 6.2 VR and AR: Market Overview
- 3. 6.3 VR and AR: Applications in Industrial Manufacturing
- 4. 6.4 VR and AR: Other Key Stakeholders
7. 7.0 STRATEGIC ASSESSMENT OF ADOPTION OF KEY TECHNOLOGIES TRANSFORMING MANUFACTURING IN 2025
- 1. 7.1 Metrics for Strategic Assessment of Adoption of Disruptive Technologies in Manufacturing
- 2. 7.2 Strategic Assessment of 3D Printing Adoption in Manufacturing in 2020
- 3. 7.3 Strategic Assessment of Advanced Robotics in Manufacturing in 2020
- 4. 7.4 Strategic Assessment of IoT in Manufacturing in 2020
- 5. 7.5 Strategic Assessment of VR and AR Technologies in Manufacturing in 2020
8. 8.0 STRATEGIC INSIGHTS: THE ROAD AHEAD
- 1. 8.1 The Future of Manufacturing: Influence of Disruptive Technologies in Manufacturing Cycle
- 2. 8.2 Questions for Strategy Planning: 3D Printing and Advanced Robotics
- 3. 8.3 Questions for Strategy Planning: IIoT, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality
9. 9.0 ANALYST INSIGHTS
- 1. 9.1 Analyst Insights: The Case of 3D Printing and Advanced Robotics
- 2. 9.2 Analyst Insights: The Case of IIoT, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality
10. 10.0 KEY PATENTS
- 1. 10.1 Key Patents - 3D Printing
- 2. 10.1 Key Patents - 3D Printing (Continued)
- 3. 10.2 Key Patents - Collaborative Robotics
- 4. 10.3 Key Patents - Adaptive Robotics
- 5. 10.4 Key Patents - Augmented Reality
11. 11.0 APPENDIX
- 1. 11.1 Technology Adoption Analysis
- 2. 11.1 Technology Adoption Analysis (Continued)
- 3. 11.1 Technology Adoption Analysis (Continued)
- 4. 11.1 Technology Adoption Analysis (Continued)
12. 12.0 THE FROST & SULLIVAN STORY
- 1. 12.1 The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 2. 12.2 Value Proposition: Future of Your Company & Career
- 3. 12.3 Global Perspective
- 4. 12.4 Industry Convergence
- 5. 12.5 360° Research Perspective
- 6. 12.6 Implementation Excellence
- 7. 12.7 Our Blue Ocean Strategy