The subject of the research report is the Russian plywood market.
Plywood - wood material consisting of several veneer sheets glued together. Usually plywood is formed by 3-5 veneer sheets with mutually perpendicular arrangement of wood fibers in related sheets.
Russian plywood market is one of the largest in the world: the Russian Federation is the 2nd in production volumes and the 3rd in consumption of this material among the countries of Europe, North America and CIS.
Dynamics of the Russian plywood market has been influenced by the economic crisis. In 2008 the inner plywood consumption volume decreased by 0,3%, and in 2009 this indicator was already 40%. In 2010 market indicators began to recover: the volume of consumption of plywood increased and practically reached the pre-crisis level. In 2011-2014 the positive dynamic of the market was preserved, and at the year-end 2014 its volume far exceeded the pre-crisis level.
The core factor of the Russian plywood market is the domestic production, the demand is almost fully satisfied by the Russian companies.
- retrospective - 2007-2014;
- forecast - 2015-2020.
The research report consists of 10 chapters.
The first chapter contains the plywood overview: description, qualities, range of use.
The second chapter is devoted to substitute goods for the plywood (OSB, particle board, fiberboard, MDF). Here there is the estimation of competitiveness of plywood in relation to the substitute goods, the comparative price analysis for the wood boards and plywood.
The third chapter contains the overview of the Russian plywood market: the place of Russia at the global market of plywood, the factors of the development of the market, its size and dynamics in 2007-2014, the ratio of the domestic production and import in 2007-2014.
The fourth chapter is devoted to the domestic production of plywood in Russia. There is the dynamics of production in 2007-2014.
The fifth chapter contains the information about the Russian foreign trade of plywood. Mainly the export is emphasized (there is its detailed structure in 2007-2014 given).
There are leaders of production and their shares in the sixth chapter.
The seventh chapter presents the producer's and the export prices for the plywood of the Russian production.
The eighth chapter shows the structure of plywood consumption in Russia.
Chapters nine is devoted to the analysis of consuming industries: wooden building construction, furniture industry, wooden containers production.
The last, tenth chapter presents the forecast of the development of the Russian plywood market till 2020.
Table of Contents
1. General information about plywood
- 1.1. Description. Qualities. Ranges of use
2. Substitute goods
- 2.1. Estimation of competitive ability of plywood towards substitute goods
- 2.2. Comparative analysis of prices for wood boards and plywood
3. Russian plywood market
- 3.1. The position of Russia on the global plywood market
- 3.2. Market development factors
- 3.3. Size and dynamics of the market in 2007-2014
- 3.4. The ratio of the domestic production and import in 2007-2014
4. Plywood production in Russia
- 4.1. Size and dynamics of the domestic production in 2007-2014
5. Foreign trade
- 5.1. Methodology
- 5.2. Export
- 5.2.1. Export size and dynamics in 2007-2014
- 5.2.2. Export structure in 2007-2014
- 5.3. Import
6. Competitive analysis of the Russian plywood market
- 6.1. Leaders of production
7. Price analysis of the Russian plywood market
8. Structure of plywood consumption in Russia
9. Analysis of consuming industries
- 9.1. Wooden building construction
- 9.2. Non-construction consuming industries
- 9.2.1. Furniture industry
- 9.2.2. Wooden containers production
10. Forecast of the development of the Russian plywood market
- 10.1. Forecast of the volumes of production and consumption till 2020
- 10.2. Forecasted structure of consumption in 2020
- 10.3. Price forecast
List of Tables
- Table 1. Comparison of physical and mechanical characteristics of wood-based panels
- Table 2. Comparison of consumer qualities of wood boards
- Table 3. Russian foreign trade with with the Customs Union countries (Belorussia, Kazakhstan) in 2014 under the group code 4412
- Table 4. Structure of plywood export from Russia by countries in 2007-2014, thousand tons
- Table 5. Applications of plywood depending on the wood type
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Consumption ratio of OSB and plywood in Russia in 2007-2014, % from the total volume in natural terms
- Figure 2. Retail prices for plywood and substitute goods in Russia at the end of 2014, RUB/cub. m
- Figure 3. The largest consumers and producers of plywood in 2014, by countries
- Figure 4. Size and dynamics of the Russian plywood market in 2007-2014
- Figure 5. The ratio of the domestic production and import in the structure of the Russian plywood market in 2007-2014
- Figure 6. Size and dynamics of the Russian plywood production in 2007-2014
- Figure 7. The ratio of delivery destinations of plywood produced in Russia in 2007-2014, %
- Figure 8. Sizes of plywood export from Russia in 2007-2014, %
- Figure 9. Plywood production structure by producers in Russia in 2014, % from the total volume in natural terms
- Figure 10. Dynamics of the average yearly prices for plywood in Russia in 2007-2014
- Figure 11. Correlation of export and domestic prices for plywood in Russia in 2007-2014, thousand RUB/cub. m
- Figure 12. Sectoral structure of plywood consumption in 2014, %
- Figure 13. Size and dynamics of wooden building construction in Russia in 2007-2014
- Figure 14. Correlation of construction of solid wood and framework-panel wooden houses in Russia in 2007-2014, % from the total size of wooden building construction
- Figure 15. Size and share of wooden building construction in Russia in 2015-2020
- Figure 16. Size and dynamics of furniture production in Russia in 2007-2014
- Figure 17. Size and dynamics of wooden containers production in Russia in 2007-2014
- Figure 18. Plywood production and consumption volumes in Russia in 2015-2020, mln cub. m
- Figure 19. Sectoral structure of plywood consumption in Russia in 2020, %
- Figure 20. Dynamics of the average annual prices of the producers for plywood in Russia in 2015-2020