Product Code: DC2022
Datacentrepricing forecasts a 57% Growth in European Data Centre Revenues and a 44% Growth in Public Cloud Revenues.
This Data Centre Landscape service covers seventeen (17) European countries, some 670 Data Centre providers and over 1,400 Data Centre Facilities.
‘The 2022 Data Centre European Report ’ provides forecasts for third-party Data Centre Space, third-party Data Centre Power, Data Centre Revenues and Public Cloud to the beginning of 2026 as well as profiles of the key Data Centre Providers in each of the seventeen markets.
Sample of a chart showing top Data Centre Providers market share in the UK
From the new Data Centre Landscape research , Datacentrepricing has highlighted the following trends:
- The continued growth in the key five FLAP+D country markets (Germany, UK, Netherlands, France and Ireland) - which account for 57 per cent of Data Centre space - (consisting of over 2.3 million m2 of Data Centre space out of a total of 3.9 million m2 of space across the seventeen countries).
- Selected Countries stand out as hot spots for future investments - Besides the core markets of the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and France, some countries are seeing extensive new investment, for example Ireland, Poland, and Switzerland. The European Data Centre market is undergoing a boom in new facility build-outs, with over seventy projects underway in twelve countries from 2021 onwards, totaling 851,000 m2, increases from under 10 per cent in Sweden up to over 100 per cent in Ireland.
- Size of Data Centre - The research reveals that the size of the largest data centres in each of the 17 surveyed European countries varies significantly from 4,000 m2 (Czech Republic) up to 65,000 m2 (UK and Germany).
- European Data Centre Revenues are forecast to be Euro €11,122 million - across the 17 countries as of the beginning of 2022 - increasing to Euro €17,469 million by the beginning of 2026 - an increase of 57 per cent over the period.
- European Public Cloud Revenues are forecast to be Euro €71,611 million - across the 17 countries as of the beginning of 2022 - increasing to Euro €103,107 million by the end of 2026 - an increase of 44 per cent over the period.
Each of the Data Centre market is continuing to grow despite the increase in Public Cloud services suggesting that the services are broadly complementary. Data Centre Providers report that cloud services are becoming a key customer segment, accounting for up to thirty per cent of their revenues. Increasingly European enterprises are pursuing a hybrid cloud strategy and are interconnecting via a Data Centre to enable a mix of cloud and colocation services - providing an uplift in revenues to both the Cloud and the Data Centre Provider.
The Data Centre Landscape highlights the new investment that is being made in Europe, in particular by US Data Centre entrants including CyrusOne, ServerChoice, Iron Mountain, QTS and Vantage Data Centers. These new entrants are introducing new campus Data Centres with Vantage Data Centers developing campus facilities in Berlin, Frankfurt, Milan, Warsaw and Zurich.
The seventeen European countries covered include: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Table of Contents
For each of the 17 European countries surveyed in the country section it provides analysis of the following Key Data Centre statistics for each country which include the following statistics (as of the beginning of 2022):
- The number of Data Centre providers and facilities their location, size (m2) and Power (PW)
- Key Data Centre Provider Profiles including their expansion plans
- Data Centre raised floor space forecast - in m2 (2022 to 2026)
- Data Centre Customer Power (DCCP) forecast - in MW (2022 to 2026)
- Data Centre Pricing Forecast - in rack space, m2 space & per kW (2022 to 2026)
- Data Centre Clusters in each Country
- Data Centre market share by top five Data Centre Providers in each country
- Data Centre Revenue Forecast - in millions of Euro (2022 to 2026)
- Public Cloud Revenue Forecast - in millions of Euro ((2022 to 2026)
- The Key Trends in each of the Data Centre Market surveyed
- Data Centre Outlook for each country profil