Vietnam Flexible Packaging Market 2017
|発行||StoxPlus - Biinform||商品コード||345207|
|出版日||ページ情報||英文 90 Pages
StoxPlus is pleased to introduce Vietnam Flexible Packaging Market 2017, the third issue on this sector. This report presents a broad range of topics, both sector-specific and cross-cutting market issues.
The aim of this study is to analyse Vietnam flexible packaging market (market structure, value chain and on go-going investment projects) and present an outlook on market growth, opportunities, and performance. Particularly, for this issue, we focus on analysing two main sources of packaging demand including Food & Beverage and Non-food sectors
In addition, the in-depth review on the participation of foreign entities (industry players & investors) in terms of ownership and financial performance of Top 14 flexible packaging companies in Vietnam during 2011 - 2016, empowered by the most comprehensive and insightful corporate database for Vietnam - our Biinform database & FiinPro Platform, are also included in the report.
Below are the most critical findings from our report:
1) Vietnam plastic packaging is the largest segment in packaging industry with US$4.7bn in size. Among 4 segments in packaging, plastic packaging is also the highest value and fastest growing one with total size of approximately US$4.7bn in 2016. The reason is due to the growth of F&B (including packaged food, beverage, and seafood) and Non-food sector (beauty and personal care, home care) leading to a high demand for plastic packaging.
2) Almost 80% of raw material relying on imported sources from Korea, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, China, Thailand and Japan. A number of project of raw materials construction industry has not been developed yet and are expected to increase sharply in 2017. However, domestic production would still be relatively small compared to rising demand of plastics.
3) Foreign giants are strengthening their presence in flexible packaging market via M&A activities. Particularly, Dongwon System successfully acquired Tapack - the largest flexible packaging firms in Vietnam and Minh Viet Packaging (previously in-house packaging plants of Massan Group).
4) Vietnam multi-layered flexible packaging market is estimated to size at US$953mn in 2016. It is noted that the market size estimation only takes into account of independent multi-layered (laminated) flexible packaging manufacturers. As such, Vietnam flexible packaging market could be larger if including in-house multi-layered flexible packaging plants and mono-layered manufacturers.
5) Vietnam flexible packaging market is mostly dominated by top 14 players, accounting for more than 50% market share. Local market leaders in flexible packaging are Liksin, Saplastic and Rang Dong. Meanwhile, foreign flexible packaging companies such as Huhtamaki (Finland), J.S Packaging (South Korea), Tong Yuan (Taiwan), and Ngai Mee (Singapore) are aggressively competing with domestic ones.
6) Flexible packaging serves a wide range of end-user markets. While noodle and instant coffee remained the key driven for flexible packaging in food sector, fabric softeners and skin care are expected to boost flexible packaging demand in non-food segment.
7) Top 14 Flexible Packaging Companies improved their profitability in the review period with average net profit margin of 5% in 2016. In this report, financial performance of top 14 flexible packaging companies by size range and ownership structure is also included.