In this report, the ESS market outlook from 2015 to 2025 was made depending on the data acquired by investigating the ESS policies for each country and the trend of Battery suppliers which were based on ESS Track Record around the world during the years of 2015 - 2016.
Some excerpts of this report:
Global LiB-ESS market outlook
The Global LiB-ESS demand is expected to grow into 46% in annual average and 70GWh in 2025 based on the capacity; and into 32% and 9.9Bil$ in 2025 based on the amount of Battery.
- Occupied. by 47% for the electric power and 36% for commerce / household based on the purpose
Market outlook for each LiB-ESS Application
For electric power
- The high growth rate of an annual average of 67% is expected from 2015 to 2020, becoming 7.6GWh in ’20(1.4Bil$).
- North America/Europe/China will occupy a total of 71%
- F/R expansion which enables to secure the profitability of Peak Shift and ESS, according to the extension of new and renewable power generation, is a major market driver.
- Since 2020, the growth gap might have rather slow down, but the growth tendency would be kept at more than 30%, and the total generation would be 33.2GWh(4.6B$) in 2015.
Regional LiB-ESS market outlook
- The annual average growth of 75% would progress from 2015 to 2020, and 4.4GWh(829M$) is expected in 2020.
- For electric power: it would occupy 50% of the market, and the market might grow rapidly into Aliso Project in ‘16-'17.
- For commerce: it accounts for the next big segment of electric power, occupying 22%.
- For household: despite the early stage of market, its growth rate is the fastest(growing up to the annual average of 106% by 2020), and it is expected that it may be extended up to 370MWh in 2020.
- For UPS: currently it focuses on IDC, but it is expected to be extended to other areas in the future.
Supply status by LiB companies
Supply outlook by each major LiB company
- In the 3-main member system of LGC, SDI, and BYD, Tesla emerged as a new strong member.
- Share of 4 companies: 45% in ‘15 &arr; 53% in '17
- Extension of 2 companies' share in South Korea: 33% in ‘15 &arr; 40% in '16 (1st and 2nd places in worldwide M/S)
Table of Contents
I. Global ESS market outlook
- ESS demand and specific gravity
- ESS demand and importance of LiB for each Application
II. Global LiB-ESS market outlook
- LiB-ESS market outlook('15-'20)
- LiB-ESS market outlook('20-'25)
III. Market outlook for each LiB-ESS Application
- For electric power/commerce/household/communication/UPS
IV. LiB-ESS market outlook for each country
- North America / Europe / China / Japan / South Korea / others
V. LiB-ESS market trends and Market Insight for each country
- ESS policies by each country
- ESS Market Insight by each country
VI. LiB price outlook for ESS
- LiB price outlook for each Application
- ESS LiB Cost Structure
VII. Market outlook of Renewable + LiB ESS
- Weight of Renewable ESS in the LiB ESS market
- Weight of wind/solar power
- Market outlook for each Application connected with the new and renewable energy(‘15-‘20)
- Regional market outlook for the new and renewable energy(‘15-‘20)
- Regional growth drivers(15-20)
VIII. F/R market outlook(‘15-‘20)
- Regional market outlook
- Regional growth drivers
IX. Supply status by each LiB manufacturer
- Supply outlook for the major LiB companies in ‘15-'16
- Supply outlook for each Application
- Regional Supply outlook
- 1. Classification of energy storage devices
- 2. Usage by Application
- 3. ESS technology
- 4. ESS types