Product Code: GDDF0242SR
The global military rotorcraft market is valued at US$21.8 billion in 2021. The cumulative market for global military rotorcraft is estimated at US$253.1 billion over the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific region is projected to garner a share of 30.2% of the total global military aircraft market during 2021-2031. Countries such as India and China are contributing in significant terms to the growth of the military rotorcraft market in this region. The market is anticipated to be driven by the ongoing global turmoil, internal and external security threats, fleet replacement programs, modernization strategies, and territorial disputes around the world. Apart from emerging economies in the Middle East and South Asian regions which are witnessing increasing defense expenditure due to regional power struggles and territorial disputes, countries in North America and Western Europe are also expected to increase their defense outlays after years of budget cuts and sequestration measures, presenting global military aircraft manufacturers with greater opportunities in the coming decade.
The expenditure on military aircraft has been slightly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, but is witnessing a strong comeback on both the supply and demand sides. OEMs have started working on their normal schedules and are under pressure to deliver rotorcraft to their customers on the updated timelines. There has also been an increase in the defense budgets of countries such as China, Japan, India, and others, with few program cancellations across the globe.
In terms of segments, the attack helicopter segment is anticipated to account for the largest share of expenditure globally, followed by the utility helicopter segment. The maritime helicopter segment is expected to account for the third largest expenditure over the forecast period, followed by transport helicopter, multi-mission helicopter, and training helicopter segments respectively.
- The global military rotorcraft market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.38% over the forecast period.
- The market consists of six categories: attack helicopter, utility helicopter, maritime helicopter, transport helicopter, multi-mission helicopter, and training helicopter.
- The global military rotorcraft market over the forecast period is expected to be led by Asia-Pacific with a share of 30%, followed by North America and Europe respectively. The Middle East, Africa, and Latin America together are anticipated to account for the remaining market share.
- Attack helicopter is expected to be the largest segment of the military rotorcraft market over the forecast period.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startup's, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, the report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Market size and drivers: Detailed analysis during 2021-2031, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world.
- Recent developments and industry challenges: Insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the existing military rotorcraft projects being executed and planned worldwide. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand.
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2021-2031.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military rotorcraft market. It provides an overview of key players, their strategic initiatives, and financial analysis.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military rotorcraft over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different military rotorcraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global rotorcraft market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military rotorcraft market
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top rotorcraft providers around the world. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Global Military Rotorcraft Market - Overview
- Market Dynamics
- Demand Drivers: Need to replace aging fleets to drive long-term investment
- Trends: Indigenous development programs continue to witness sustained investment in erstwhile traditional markets in the Asia-Pacific
- Technological Developments: Hub-mounted vibration suppressors and nanotubes to enhance future helicopter performance
- Key Challenges: Increasing adoption of UAVs and bureaucratic hurdles anticipated to affect demand
- Global Military Rotorcraft Market - Segment Analysis
- Segment Analysis: Attack Helicopter
- Segment Analysis: Utility Helicopter
- Segment Analysis: Maritime Helicopter
- Segment Analysis: Transport Helicopter
- Segment Analysis: Multi-mission Helicopter
- Segment Analysis: Training Helicopter
- Global Military Rotorcraft Market - Regional Analysis
- Global Military Rotorcraft - Regional Overview
- Regional Analysis: Asia-Pacific
- Regional Analysis: North America
- Regional Analysis: Europe
- Regional Analysis: Middle East
- Regional Analysis: Africa
- Regional Analysis: Latin America
- Global Military Rotorcraft Market - Trend Analysis
- Leading Segments in Key Countries
- Country Analysis - 13 Leading Countries
- Market Size and CAGR Growth Analysis, 2021-2031
- Change in Market Share, 2021-2031
- Segmental Analysis, 2021-2031
- Key Programs Analysis
- Description of Key Programs
- Delivery Period, Units and Total Expenditure
- Competitive Landscape Analysis
- Competitive Analysis - 11 Leading Companies
Major Products and Services
- Financial Analysis covering Revenue, Operating Profit and Net Profit
- Financial Deal and Contracts
- About GlobalData