Product Code: ZYM069
Medical robots can be applied to surgeries, rescue, transport, nursing and rehabilitation of the sick and wounded. Wherein, surgery and rehabilitation robots are two striking market segments.
Due to the relatively low technical barriers, numerous companies such as Ekso Bionics (the United States), ReWalk (Israel), Robotics (New Zealand), Rex Bionics (New Zealand) and Cyberdyne (Japan) have got into the field of rehabilitation robots. However, the global surgical robot market is mainly occupied by the US-based Intuitive Surgical, who had sold out 3,266 Da Vinci surgical robots by the end of 2014. Thanks to high technical barriers, high costs, supporting supplies, training of doctors and other factors, Da Vinci surgical robots featured with preemptive advantages will still master the absolute leadership in the long run.
Although China did not start research on medical robots late, it is backward in terms of the development, and is currently dependent on imported surgical robots. By the end of 2014, 24 Chinese hospitals had imported 29 surgeries robots which accomplished 11,651 surgeries cumulatively (5,116 in 2014). In accordance with examination and approval of National Health and Family Planning Commission of China, China will import a total of at least 54 surgical robots which are expected to complete 20,000 surgeries by the end of 2015.
However, China has also made some progress in local surgical robots. For example, the minimally invasive surgical robot system “Smart S” developed by Tianjin University and Smart Robot Technology Group jointly has entered clinical stages; HIT Robot Institute (affiliated companies: Boshi Automation and Harbin Sizherui) expects to apply for testing of its minimally invasive celiac surgical robot system in the form of product testing at the end of 2015, and apply for registration at the end of 2017. Therefore, commercial local surgical robots may emerge in the Chinese market in 2018.
Although China's local surgical robot industrialization develops slowly, many companies, such as Jimho Robot (Shanghai), Shenzhen Mai Kangxin Medical and Anyang SF Robot, have realized prototypes of rehabilitation robots or industrialization promotion. In addition, listed companies including Shenyang SIASUN, Jinming Machinery (Guangdong), Truking Technology and Midea Group have embarked on the layout of the industry.
Given China's intensified aging trend and huge base of physical disability, Chinese rehabilitation robot market may value RMB10 billion potentially. Chinese local rehabilitation robots with price and regional advantages will seize higher market shares in the future.
Installed Quantity of Surgical Robotics in China by City
Source: Department of Planning and Information, National Health and Family Planning Commission; ResearchInChina.
The report includes the following aspects:
- Operating environments of Chinese medical robots, including international market environments and domestic policies;
- Status quo, competition pattern and market segments (rehabilitation robots and surgical robots) of China medical robot industry;
- Operation, medical robot business and development prospect of 5 overseas and 10 Chinese medical robot companies.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Medical Robotics
- 1.1. Definition
- 1.1.1. Robotics
- 1.1.2. Medical Robotics
- 1.2. Industry Chain
2. Analysis on Operation Environment of Medical Robotics in China
- 2.1. Global Market Overview
- 2.1.1. State Quo
- 2.1.2. Competition Pattern
- 2.2. Policies
3. Medical Robotics in China
- 3.1. Overview
- 3.2. Rehabilitation Medical Robotics
- 3.2.1. Increasingly-intensified Aging Trend
- 3.3.2. Huge Disabled Population
- 3.3. Surgical Robotics
4. Major Medical Robotics Companies Worldwide
- 4.1. Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- 4.1.1. Profile
- 4.1.2. Operation
- 4.1.3. Revenue Structure
- 4.1.4. Gross Margin
- 4.1.5. R&D
- 4.2. Stryker Corporation
- 4.2.1. Profile
- 4.2.2. Operation
- 4.2.3. Revenue Structure
- 4.2.4. Gross Margin
- 4.2.5. R&D
- 4.2.6. Medical Robotics Business
- 4.3. Ekso Bionics Holdings, Inc.
- 4.3.1. Profile
- 4.3.2. Operation
- 4.3.3. Revenue Structure
- 4.3.4. Gross Margin
- 4.3.5. R&D
- 4.4. ReWalk Roboticsics Ltd.
- 4.4.1. Profile
- 4.4.2. Operation
- 4.4.3. Revenue Structure
- 4.4.4. Gross Margin
- 4.4.5. R&D
- 4.5. Rex Bionics Plc
5. Major Medical Robotics Enterprises in China
- 5.1. Shenyang SIASUN Robot & Automation Co., Ltd.
- 5.1.1. Profile
- 5.1.2. Operation
- 5.1.3. Revenue Structure
- 5.1.4. Gross Margin
- 5.1.5. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.1.6. Development Prospect & Forecast
- 5.2. Jinming Machinery (Guangdong) Co., Ltd.
- 5.2.1. Profile
- 5.2.2. Operation
- 5.2.3. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.3. Midea Group Co., Ltd.
- 5.3.1. Profile
- 5.3.2. Operation
- 5.3.3. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.4. Truking Technology Limited
- 5.4.1. Profile
- 5.4.2. Operation
- 5.4.3. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.5. Harbin Boshi Automation Co., Ltd.
- 5.5.1. Profile
- 5.5.2. Operation
- 5.5.3. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.6. Chongqing Dima Industry Co., Ltd.
- 5.6.1. Profile
- 5.6.2. Operation
- 5.6.3. Medical Robotics Business
- 5.7. Other
- 5.7.1. Smart Robot Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- 5.7.2. Jimho Robot (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- 5.7.3. Shenzhen Mai Kangxin Medical Co., Ltd.
- 5.7.4. Anyang SF Robot Co., Ltd.
- Classification of Medical Robotics and Major Companies
- Cost Structure of Medical Robotics
- Medical Robotics Industry Development Plans of Major Countries
- Sales Volume of Professional Service Robotics and YoY Growth Worldwide, 2009-2014
- Proportion of Global Professional Service Robotics (by Sales Volume)
- Sales Volume of Medical Robotics and YoY Growth Worldwide, 2009-2014
- Global Surgical Robotics Market Size, 2014/2020E
- Global Rehabilitation Robotics Market Size, 2014/2020E
- China's Plans on Robotics Industry, 2010-2015
- Robotics Industry Parks in China and Planning Goal, 2014-2015
- Major Medical Robotics Research Institutions/Companies in China and Their Products
- 65-year-old (or above) Population in China and % in Total, 2009-2014
- 15 to 64-year-old Population's Proportion in Total of China, 2009-2014
- Average Family Size in China, 2009-2014E
- Disabled Population' Proportion in China's Total by Type, 2010
- Disposable Income of Urban and Rural Disabled Persons in China, 2007-2013
- Engel Coefficient of Urban and Rural Disabled Persons in China, 2007-2013
- Urban Disabled Persons' Medical Healthcare Expenditures in China and % in Consumer Spending, 2007-2013
- Rural Disabled Persons' Medical Healthcare Expenditures in China and % in Consumer Spending, 2007-2013
- Medical Robotics Configuration in Hospitals of Chinese Mainland, 2014
- Quantity of Planned Medical Robotics in Hospitals of Chinese Mainland, 2015-2016E
- Revenue and Net Income of Intuitive Surgical, 2010-2015
- System Placements of da Vinci Surgical System, 2013-2014
- Systems Placement Mix of da Vinci Surgical System, 2014
- System Placements of da Vinci Surgical System by Region, 2014
- Surgical Operation Quantity of da Vinci Surgical System by Type, 2009-2015
- Revenue of Intuitive Surgical by Product, 2012-2014
- Gross Margin of Intuitive Surgical, 2010-2015
- R&D Costs and % of Total Revenue of Intuitive Surgical, 2012-2015
- Revenue and Net Income of Stryker, 2009-2015
- Revenue of Stryker by Product, 2009-2015
- Repair Products' Revenue Breakdown of Stryker by Application, 2011-2015
- Medical System's Revenue Breakdown of Stryker by Application, 2011-2015
- Neural Technology & Spine Business's Revenue Breakdown of Stryker by Application, 2011-2015
- Gross Margin of Stryker, 2009-2014
- Knee-joint and Hip-joint Systems of Makoplasty
- Revenue of Ekso Bionics, 2011-2015
- Net Income of Ekso Bionics, 2011-2015
- Revenue of Ekso Bionics by Product, 2012-2015
- R&D Costs and % of Total Revenue of Ekso Bionics, 2012-2015
- Revenue of Rewalk Robotics, 2012-2015
- Net Income of Rewalk Robotics, 2012-2015
- Revenue of Rewalk Robotics by Region, 2012-2015
- R&D Costs and % of Total Revenue of Rewalk Robotics, 2012-2015
- Operation of SIASUN's Major Subsidiaries, 2014
- Revenue and Net Income of SIASUN, 2008-2015
- Revenue of SIASUN by Product, 2010-2015
- Operating Revenue of SIASUN by Region, 2010-2014
- Gross Margin of SIASUN by Product, 2010-2014
- Revenue and Gross Profit of SIASUN's Industrial Robot Business, 2009-2014
- Revenue and Net Income of Jinming Machinery, 2010-2015
- Gross Margin of Jinming Machinery, 2010-2015
- Revenue of Jinming Machinery by Product, 2010-2015
- Research Direction of Jinming Machinery and Tsinghua University's Joint Research Center
- Revenue and Net Income of Midea Group, 2012-2015
- Gross Margin of Midea Group, 2012-2015
- Revenue of Midea Group by Product, 2012-2015
- Midea's Subsidiaries Involving Robotics Business
- Revenue and Net Income of Truking Technology, 2010-2015
- Gross Margin of Truking Technology, 2010-2015
- Revenue of Truking Technology by Product, 2010-2015
- Revenue and Net Income of Boshi Automation, 2010-2015
- Gross Margin of Boshi Automation, 2010-2015
- Revenue of Boshi Automation by Product, 2010-2015
- Revenue and Net Income of Dima Industry, 2010-2015
- Gross Margin of Dima Industry, 2010-2015
- Revenue of Dima Industry by Product, 2010-2015