“Singapore Travel & Tourism Market (2009 - 2015)” published
by Renub Research provides an in-depth analysis of the present and future
prospects of the Singapore travel and tourism industry. The report has been
researched at source Globally and Singapore specific, and features
latest-available data covering:
- Global tourist arrival and receipts
- International and Outbound tourism globally
- Top 10 spenders globally
- Inbound and Outbound tourist arrivals
- Expenditure in Singapore by top 10 countries
- Hotel industry - No. of hotels & rooms, revenue generation from hotels,
Average Occupancy Rate, Average Room Rate & Revenue per Available Room data is
- Singapore - Inbound, Outbound tourist arrival and expenditure forecast
- Sectors - Holiday, Business Travel & MICE Industry (Meetings, Incentives,
- Cruise Tourism, Formula One Grand Prix Race, and Casino Tourism have been
analyzed in the report.
- Globally International tourist arrivals reached 922.4 Million, up from
904.3 Million in 2007, representing a growth of 2%.
- It is estimated that by 2020 international tourist' s arrival will cross
the mark of 1.5 Billion tourist' s arrivals globally.
- Singapore Inbound tourist arrivals have crossed the 10 Million mark by the
end of 2008.
- It is expected that the Inbound tourist arrival in Singapore will increase
with a CAGR value of around 10.18% for the period spanning from 2009-2015.
- It is forecasted that Singapore tourism receipts will increase with a CAGR
value 15.71 % for the period spanning 2009-2015.
- Business Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions are the second
highest region for travelers to visit Singapore from 2006 to 2008 and it' s
increasing its share rapidly.
- Singapore hotel room revenue has grown with a CAGR of 15.5% for the period
of 2004 to 2008.
- Internet is the most preferred medium to gather information by tourist, In
2008 more than 50% tourists gathered information from internet.
- Singapore cruise passenger is expected to cross the figure of 1 Million by
- Formula One Grand Prix Race is attracting lots of tourists to Singapore
and generated more than US$ 100 Million of Tourism Receipts in 2008.
- Casino tourism is going to be another major revenue earner for Singapore
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the key facts about the major players (airlines, hotels
and tour operators) currently operating in the Indian tourism industry. The
key players analyzed in this section include - Airlines: Cathay Pacific
Airways Ltd, Garuda Indonesia, Singapore Airlines Ltd, Thai Airways
International Ltd, Hotels: Meritus Mandarin, Singapore, The Pan Pacific Hotel,
Singapore, Tour Operators: Prime Travel & Tour, WTS Travel & Tours
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable
and non-printable sources like Magazines, Newspapers, Trade Journals, White
papers, Online paid databases, News websites Government Agencies and Trade
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Tourism - Overview
- 2.1 International - Tourist Arrivals by Sub-Region
- 2.2 International Tourism Receipts by Sub-Region
- 2.3 Top Ten Countries Tourist Arrivals and Receipts
- 2.4 Purpose of Visit and means of Transport
- 2.5 International Outbound Tourism
- 2.6 International Tourism' s top Spenders
- 2.7 Global By Region - Forecast of International Tourist Arrivals
3. Singapore Tourism - Overview
- 3.1 Inbound Tourist Arrivals & Forecast
- 3.2 Tourism Receipts & Forecast
- 3.3 Outbound Tourist Departures
- 3.4 Percentage Distribution in Outbound Tourism
4. Tourist Profile
- 4.1 Type of Accommodation
- 4.2 Travelling Companions
- 4.3 Information Gathered before Visiting & Sites Visited
5. Hotel Accommodation
- 5.1 Number of Hotels & Revenue Generation by Hotels
- 5.2 Rooms by Tire (Luxury, Upscale, Mid-Tire, Economy) & Average Occupancy
Rate, Average Room Rate & Revenue per Available Room
6. Expenditure of Visitors
- 6.1 Top 10 Total Expenditure of Visitors
- 6.2 Major Expenditure Items (Shopping, Accommodation, Food & Beverage,
Medical, Local Transport, Sightseeing/Entertainment)
- 6.3 Top 10 Shopping Spenders (Countries)
7. Singapore - Medical Tourism
- 7.1 Medical Tourist Arrivals
- 7.2 Medical Tourism Market
8. Industry Performance - Growth Factors
- 8.1 Financial Grants & Tax Incentives
- 8.2 Entrance of Low Cost Carriers
- 8.3 Holiday, Business Travel & MICE Industry (Meetings, Incentives,
Conventions, Exhibitions) Penetration
- 8.4 Cruise Tourism in Singapore
- 8.5 Formula One Grand Prix Race - in Night is an added Attraction
- 8.6 Casino Tourism - Singapore Attempt to be Las Vegas of Southeast Asia
- 8.7 Growth in Medical Tourism due Strong Government Support & Stringent
9. Key Players
- 9.1 Airlines
- 9.1.1 Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.
- 9.1.2 Garuda Indonesia
- 9.1.3 Singapore Airlines Ltd.
- 9.1.4 Thai Airways International Ltd.
- 9.2 Hotels
- 9.2.1 Meritus Mandarin, Singapore
- 9.2.2 The Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore
- 9.3 Tour Operators
- 9.3.1 Prime Travel & Tour
- 9.3.2 WTS Travel & Tours