This report analyses conditions on the overall Romanian IT market and
in its individual segments - computer hardware, software and services
as well as IT distribution.
It explores the current situation, in addition to trends, prospects and
likely directions of development of the various market segments in the
This report utilises the most up-to-date market data, macroeconomic statistics
and forecasts, as well as actual business models, case studies, information
about leading players and key worldwide trends and tendencies in the IT
market to present a reliable and comprehensive market study.
Learn the latest about recent events in Romanian IT:
- The recovery of Romania's IT market following sharp declines and
the 2009-2010 crisis. The market's level of IT per capita spending remains
relatively low, indicating high potential for future growth.
- Consistent growth in IT services and software sales over the past
two years, both in terms of value and their shares in the value of the overall
- Major IT companies and financial investors are interested in doing
business in Romania. In 2012, the South-African investment fund Naspers took
over eMAG, the largest IT retailer in Romania.
Businesses will benefit from fresh knowledge supplied by:
- Detailed analyses of market conditions and influential trends in three
major market segments: hardware, software, IT services. Each segment
analysis includes information on sales volume and value.
- Forecasts for specific market segments during the period 2013-2017
- Updates on critical topics such as IT exports and outsourcing
- Market intelligence on Romania's key IT players - the report contains a
total of 30 detailed profiles of major IT companies operating in
Romania. Each chapter presents lists of market leaders, including: the 100
largest domestic and foreign IT companies, 30 of the largest domestic hardware
resellers and distributors, the top 30 providers of IT services, the 30
largest software developers.
If you've been wondering...
- What is the current situation on the IT market in Romania?
- Is a recovery visible in all segments of the Romanian IT market?
- How quickly will notebook computer sales increase?
- Which types of IT investment opportunities are available in Romania?
- What are the current wage levels and trends in Romania's IT labour market?
- Which segments will be the fastest growing in terms of IT spending?
- What will be the pace of growth of the IT market and its segments in the
coming five years?
- This publication will provide the precise and reliable answers you've been
Key advantages offered by this report:
- Analysis of all key components of the Romanian IT market combined into a
- Extensive profiles and analyses regarding influential market
- Development forecasts for the IT market in Romania with breakdowns
by segment and detailed expert commentaries
- Details of important planned IT investments in Romania's public
- Structure compatible with our existing IT market reports, enabling easy
comparison of the Romanian market with those of other countries, such as
Poland, Russia or Ukraine.
This document is beneficial to professionals with interests in Romanian IT when:
- Starting operations in one of the segments of the Romanian IT market.
- Creating benchmarks and comparing conditions in Romania/Romanian IT
companies with other CEE countries/IT companies
- Effecting an M&A on the IT market
- Developing corporate strategy
- Analysing investment opportunities in Romanian IT
- Monitoring key events and trends on the IT market
- Estimating the potential of specific IT market segments in Romania
- Making forecasts regarding IT spending in Romania
- Creating in-house analyses for management or shareholders.
This publication is highly recommended to:
- Manufacturers and distributors of IT hardware
- Software vendors and companies that provide IT services
- Businesses that support the IT industry
- Companies seeking to extend activity into the Romanian IT market
- Telecommunications operators and networking equipment vendors willing to
apply telecommunications experience to the IT sector
- Companies that engage in business research, consulting and analysis
- Financial advisers, brokerage houses, investment banks and other
institutions interested in investment in the IT sector
- State institutions, agencies, embassies and industry organisations.
Table of Contents
II. Executive summary
III. Overview of the IT market in Romania
IV. IT hardware market
V. IT services market
VI. Software market
VII. List of graphs
VIII. List of tables
IX. About PMR