This report delivers the most current and comprehensive overview of the
Russian value added and multimedia services market.
It includes in-depth analyses and carefully calculated forecasts for the
entire telecoms market as well as for each individual segment, including all
major VAS and data segments: mobile Internet, pay TV and other VAS, such as
premium rate and reduced-rate services, music, games, applications, and more.
In addition to PMR proprietary data, analyses and forecasts, this publication
is supported by an astute analysis of the key indicators of the Russian
telecommunications market and the Russian economy.
Key features of this publication:
- This report is a complete compendium of general knowledge about all
aspects of the VAS and multimedia market in Russia. Each market segment is
analysed in detail.
- In addition to fundamental info about market value, revenues and profits
of key market players, the report includes total numbers of subscribers,
consumer trends and major industry indicators.
- The report includes descriptions of newly developed and soon to be
developed technologies, plus general directions of development in the Russian
mobile Internet access and pay TV market, such as 3G and LTE network
development and perspectives.
- The report offers forecasts for particular market segments and operational
numbers during the period 2013-2017.
- Digital TV and VOD market analysis.
This report explores the answers to your key questions, such as:
- What is the value and what are the development forecasts for the
value-added and multimedia services market in Russia?
- Is expansion in the pay TV market considered to be dynamic?
- What types of VAS services are the most popular and energize the market
- In which developmental directions will the VAS and multimedia services
market in Russia move in the next few years?
- How is the Russian VAS market structured (vertically and horizontally)?
- Which companies are the major mobile Internet and pay TV providers in
Russia and what are their most successful strategies?
- Which are the key content aggregators and distributors on the Russian VAS
Market growth update:
- The Russian telecommunications market has reached maturity, forcing mobile
and fixed voice services, which had previously driven operators' sales growth
into a period of stagnation or decline. Market segments that experienced
growth in 2011-2012 included VAS, fixed and mobile Internet access and pay TV
- The market for wireless Internet access services in Russia continued to
expand dynamically in 2011 and 2012, driven mainly by the geographical
expansion of 3G-UMTS networks. Operators of 3G networks introduced unlimited
service packages in 2011, and reduced prices and improved the quality and
speed of wireless Internet access, facilitating the sales of their data
- In 2012, the Russian government awarded four federal LTE licenses, which
gave a green light to the expansion of another wireless Internet access
technology across the country.
Enjoy extra value provided by these unique features:
- Comprehensive analysis of all key segments of the value added and
multimedia services market in Russia compiled into a single document
- The newest, freshest market coverage available from any source
- Difficult to find, long-range development forecasts up to 2017 for the
market as a whole and for each main segment
- Content maintains consistency with the PMR report Telecommunications
market in Russia while examining the VAS market in greater detail
- Significant additional information on the digital TV and VOD segments.
Readers will find this document most useful when:
- Planning and initiating operations in one of the segments of the
value-added and multimedia services market or the telecommunications market in
- Estimating the value of the pay TV or mobile Internet market in Russia
- Planning sales transactions with Russian telecom or multimedia companies
- Effecting merger & acquisition activity on the Russia telecoms and VAS
- Developing a successful corporate strategy for the months ahead
- Analysing investment opportunities in the Russian telecoms and VAS market
- Monitoring the impact of key events and influential trends on the Russian
- Estimating the growth potential of particular telecom market segments in
- Preparing forecasts for the Russian telecoms market and its component
- Assembling in-house analyses for corporate management or shareholders
...and in many other business scenarios.
This report is targeted toward:
- Major mobile telephony providers, CaTV companies, fixed-line operators and
ISPs operating in Russia
- Upper level marketing managers and marketing staff of companies active in,
connected to or considering entering the telecoms and multimedia services
market in Russia
- Major Western European companies planning expansion and searching for
suitable acquisition targets in Russia
- Telecommunications equipment vendors
- Major ICT vendors with interests in the Russian market
- Companies that engage in business research, consulting and analysis.
- Financial advisers, brokerage houses, investment banks and other
institutions with interests in Russian ICT sector investment.
Table of Contents
- Executive summary
- Overview of the value-added and multimedia services market
- Market of mobile content and value-added services
- Mobile internet market
- Pay television market
- List of graphs
- List of tables
- About PMR