Power Sector Construction in Poland 2011 is the second edition of the report
providing a comprehensive study of recent trends, developments and planned
investments in the power sector construction in Poland. The report analyses
the energy market as a whole, outlining the structure of the market in terms
of main players and the value of energy investments in the coming years. With
growing interest in the use of green energy in the country, it describes
planned investments expected in the area of renewable energy, in particular
wind energy and biomass.
The report analyses planned energy investments in conventional, nuclear and
renewable energy in the coming years. It forecasts the value of investments in
the energy sector in Poland and identifies regions with the highest dynamics
for energy investments. SWOT analysis of planned investments is provided
including issues of expected increase and decrease of capacity in Poland
alongside sources of funding for energy investments in future.
An important part of the report is a series of profiles of the top investors
in the energy market together with their planned investment projects.
Profiles of the largest contractors are provided, including their most
recently completed projects.
- Complete market data for 2011
- Development forecasts and planned investments
- Market investment analysis including market size and value as a total and
by market segments
- Market investment segment analysis (traditional, nuclear, wind energy,
biomass and hydroelectricity)
- Key industry issues (capacity condition of the Polish market, sources of
funding for energy investments, regional dynamics for energy investment, value
of realised energy investments and legal challenges affecting the completion
of energy investments)
- Profiles of the top investors and contractors and their projects
Table of Contents
II. Executive summary
III. Investments in conventional energy projects in Poland
- Main companies operating in the power market in Poland
- Key trends in the power sector in Poland
- Planned shutdowns of outdated power units
- Investments in energy units
- Possible delays of energy investments
- Activity of new developers of power units in Poland
- Suspended investments in power units
- Investments in power networks
- Funding sources for power project financing
- Barriers to power projects
IV. Energy from renewable sources in Poland
- Wind energy in Poland
- Biomass energy in Poland
- Hydropower generation in Poland
- Biogas power in Poland
- Geothermal power in Poland
- Solar energy in Poland
V. Investments in nuclear energy
- Nuclear power plant construction schedule
- Costs of nuclear power projects
- Participation of Polish companies in the construction of nuclear units
- Potential sites for Polish nuclear power plants
VI. Profiles of the major investors in the power market
- Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.
- Tauron Polska Energia S.A.
- Energa S.A.
- ENEA S.A.
- Vattenfall Poland Sp. z o.o.
- Grupa RWE Polska S.A.
- GDF SUEZ Energia Polska S.A.
- CEZ Polska Sp. z o.o.
- EDF Polska Sp. z o.o.
- PKN Orlen S.A.
- Elektrownia Polnoc
- Fortum Power and Heat Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Dalkia Polska S.A.
- KGHM Polska Miedz S.A.
- PSE Operator S.A.
VII. Profiles of the major contractors in the power market
- Polimex-Mostostal S.A.
- Budimex S.A.
- Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
- Alstom Power Sp. z o.o.
- PBG S.A.
- Rafako S.A.
- Mostostal Zabrze-Holding S.A.
- Elektrobudowa S.A.
- Foster Wheeler Energia Polska Sp. z o.o.