The 2015 edition of PCI's comprehensive and highly respected report on the Indian flexible packaging market is now available. Acquire information for planning and gain a thorough understanding of flexible packaging trends with the 3rd edition of our popular Indian market study, including:
- Analyses of production, capacity and demand trends by country
- Historic drivers and expert forecasts to 2020
- Detailed profiles of flexible packaging converters
- End use markets and consumption trends
- Top 28 flexible packaging converter profiles
- And much more!
- The 3rd edition of our detailed review of the emerging Indian flexible packaging market.
- India is the world's fastest growing flexible packaging industry, producing around US$5.2 billion of flexible packaging in 2014.
- The market is two-tiered and regionally-based with an 'organised' and an 'unorganised' flexible packaging sector.
- Rationalisation in the converting industry has resulted in a small number of large converters, but much more consolidation is expected to come.
- Government support for food processing, improvements in distribution channels and investments by converters expected to drive growth.
- Opportunities for sales of film extrusion and converting machinery, inks and adhesives.
- Flexible packaging growth is set to continue at double digit rates for the next five years.
The Indian flexible packaging market at US$4.8 billion is one of the world's largest markets, and now Chinese growth has slowed, it has become the world's fastest growing flexible packaging market.
PCI's latest review of this rapidly emerging market is the third we have conducted and is based on original field research carried out in Sept/Oct 2015. It revises and updates our market statistics and databases as well as reviews current market trends and developments.
It is the most extensive analysis available on the Indian market from any market research provider and answers questions such as:
- What is the size of the Indian flexible packaging market?
- Who are the leading flexible packaging suppliers?
- What is driving flexible packaging growth and will it be sustained?
Who is it for?
This new report is a vital business planning tool for anyone involved in the global manufacture and purchase of plain and converted plastic films, aluminium foils and speciality papers; the supply of inks, adhesives and coatings; global flexible packaging converters; packaging and converting machinery suppliers; as well as brand owners and food retailers.
The report also provides useful insights for financial institutions seeking investment opportunities in emerging markets.
What does it provide?
- Statistics on converted flexible packaging production, trade and demand from 2009 through to 2020 with analyses by our in-house experts of the major factors driving demand by end use.
- Profiles of over 70 converters and contact details for a further 90 companies.
Why buy it?
PCI consultants have been monitoring the Indian flexible packaging market for almost 20 years and they are now recognised as the industrys leading source for expert analysis and reliable data on this market. Buying any study from this respected source ensures that the information provided is of a high and consistent standard.
Find hidden opportunities in the latest and most detailed market research available, understand competitive threats and plan your corporate strategy with our expert analysis and forecasts.
Purchase your own copy and you will have a complete market map of Indias flexible packaging industry and where it is going - so you won't get left behind or lost!
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
3 THE INDIAN ECONOMY & FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRY
- 3.1 Economic Overview
- 3.2 The Indian Food Processing Industry
4 THE INDIAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.1.1 Industry structure by sector
- 4.1.2 Historic drivers and future prospects
- 4.1.3 Future market opportunities
- 4.2 Flexible Packaging Production
- 4.2.1 Production by sector
- 4.2.2 Leading converters
- 4.2.3 Indian substrate demand
- 4.2.4 Printing ink demand
- 4.2.5 Converting equipment installed
- 4.3 Imports of Converted Flexible Packaging
- 4.4 Exports of Converted Flexible Packaging
- 4.5 Domestic Consumption
- 4.5.1 Flexible packaging demand in 2014
- 4.5.2 Flexible packaging demand by sector
- 4.5.3 Flexible packaging demand forecast
5 END USE MARKETS
- 5.1 Introduction and Overview
- 5.2 Sugar & Chocolate Confectionery
- 5.3 Meat, Fish & Poultry
- 5.4 Cheese & Dairy
- 5.5 Snack Foods
- 5.6 Tea, Ground Coffee and Beans
- 5.7 Biscuits & Baked Good
- 5.8 Frozen Foods & Ice Cream
- 5.9 Powdered & Dried Foods
- 5.10 Other Foods
- 5.11 Tobacco & Ethnic Chewing Products
- 5.12 Pet Foods
- 5.13 Personal Care
- 5.14 Medical & Pharmaceutical
- 5.15 Other Non-Foods
6 LEADING FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CONVERTER PROFILES
- Detailed profiles, including contact details, plant capacities & end use sales of the 28 leading flexible packaging converters to the organised sector.
- Brief profiles, including contact details, on 46 others, involved in both the organised and unorganised sectors.
- Contact details for over 90 other suppliers.