An increasing number of providers across global markets offer, or are testing, gigabit-speed broadband services, pushing new fixed-line data offerings to data-hungry consumers. This report examines current competition in gigabit-speed services as well as operator strategies to retain subscribers in the face of such high-speed competition. The report analyzes broadband churn and cord cutting, as well as reasons and likelihood for each, and provides five-year forecasts for fixed-line broadband subscribers.
Table of Contents
1.0 Report Summary.
- 1.1 Purpose of Report
- 1.2 Key Burning Questions Addressed by this Research.
- 1.3 Research Approach/Sources.
2.0 The State of Global Broadband.
3.0 Gigabit Speed Providers and Services.
- 3.1 Global Availability.
- 3.1.1 APAC..
- 3.1.2 EMEA..
- 3.1.3 Latin America.
- 3.2 US Availability.
4.0 Consumer Demand for High Speed Service.
- 4.1 Current Broadband Speed.
- 4.2 Consumer Perception of Speed.
- 4.3 Drivers of Switching or Upgrading to Faster Service Plans.
- 4.4 Consumer Interest in Gigabit Speed Services.
- 4.4.1 Penetration of Gbps Services.
- 4.4.2 Consumer Upgrading to Gbps Services.
5.0 Competition in Gigabit Speed Markets.
- 5.1 Product Strategy.
- 5.2 Pricing Strategies.
- 5.3 Promotion Strategies.
- 5.4 Beyond Broadband: Differentiating Services.
6.0 Challenges for Gigabit Speed Service Providers.
- 7.1 Forecast Methodology.
- 7.2 Global Broadband Forecast
- 7.3 US Gigabit Broadband Forecast
8.0 Implications and Recommendations.
- 9.1 Glossary.
- 9.2 Index.
- 9.3 Image Sources
- Broadband Households by Region (2018)
- Global Broadband Household Share by Region.
- Top 10 Global Broadband Markets.
- Top 10 Markets by Annual Increase in Number of Broadband Households (2018)
- Asia-Pacific Gigabit-Speed Broadband Service Offerings.
- EMEA Gigabit-Speed Broadband Service Offerings.
- Google Fiber Deployment 2018.
- US Gigabit-Speed Broadband Service Offerings.
- Download Speed of Home Broadband Service (2015 - 2018)
- Opinions towards Current Broadband Service by Broadband Speed (Q3/18)
- Total Average Number of Connected Devices Per U.S. BB HH.
- Broadband Service Download Speeds (Q3/18)
- Likelihood of Upgrading Broadband Service to 1 Gbps (2016 - 2018)
- Suddenlink Offers Three Levels of Service.
- CenturyLink Promotions Feature Broad Perspective and Usage.
- Broadband Services Forecast Methodology.
- Forecast: Broadband Subscribers by Region (2018 - 2023)
- Forecast: US Gigabit Broadband Subscribers (2018 - 2023)