Partnerships are vital to creating an intelligent and coordinated ecosystem. Works with Nest, Apple HomeKit, and SmartThings are all building an ecosystem of products and services that seamlessly work together and provide an exceptional user experience. This report reviews the strategies of the major smart home platforms in the consumer electronics and security industries and their approach to attracting manufacturers to their ecosystem.
Table of Contents
1.0 Report Summary.
- 1.1 Purpose of Report
- 1.2 Key Questions Addressed by this Research.
- 1.3 Research Approach/Sources.
- 1.4 Key Report Definitions.
2.0 Current Smart Home Adoption Trends.
- 2.1 Interoperability Challenges Remain.
- 2.2 Smart Home Platforms as a Solution.
3.0 Assessment of Leading Smart Home Platforms.
- 3.1 Home Security Platforms.
- 3.1.1 Alarm.com..
- 3.1.2 Comcast/Xfinity.
- 3.1.3 Vivint Smart Home.
- 3.2 Voice Assistant Platforms.
- 3.2.1 Amazon Alexa.
- 3.2.2 Google Assistant
- 3.2.3 Additional Smart Speaker and Voice Assistant Players.
- 3.3 Additional Home Control Platforms.
- 3.3.1 Samsung SmartThings.
- 3.3.2 Works with Nest
- 3.3.3 Apple HomeKit
- 3.4 Additional Ecosystem Players.
- 3.4.1 Custom Installers.
- 3.4.2 App-based Platforms.
- 3.4.3 Health Platforms.
- 3.4.4 Retail
4.0 Comparison of Leading Platform Players.
5.0 Market Forecasts.
- 5.1 Forecast of New Smart Home Controller Revenue by Channel
- 5.2 Forecast of Smart Speaker Penetration.
- 5.3 Forecast of Home Security System Ownership.
6.0 Implications and Recommendations.
- 7.1 Glossary.
- 7.2 Index.
- 7.3 Image Sources.
- Companies Researched for Report
- Smart Home Device Ownership (2014 - 2018)
- Adoption of Smart Home Devices (2014 - 2018)
- Average Number of Connected Devices per U.S. Broadband Household.
- Importance of Device Interoperation with Smart Home Platforms.
- Importance of Smart Home Device Purchase Considerations.
- High Familiarity with Smart Home Platforms.
- Smart Home Ecosystem..
- Smart Home Platform Adoption.
- Desired Smart Home Devices Included as Part of Security System..
- Device Value by Platform..
- Self-Installation of Smart Home Devices.
- Smart Speaker with Voice Assistant Ownership (2016 - 2018)
- Use of Personal Assistant Apps.
- Home Control App Usage.
- Smart Home Device Control Methods.
- Purchase Location of Smart Home Control Systems.
- Comparison of Leading Platform Players.
- Forecast of New Smart Home Controller Revenue by Channel
- Smart Speaker Adoption (2016 - 2022)
- Forecast of Home Security System Ownership (2019 - 2022)