Product Code: ME0003-000771
This benchmark examines operators' pay-TV retail pricing and the cost to consumers of accessing pay-TV services in five major Western European markets. It compares listed package prices and the cost of predefined service buckets.
- We examine listed prices effective as of October 2016. Promotional discounts are excluded. Pricing data will be updated periodically in future iterations.
- Wherever possible, we compare standalone pay-TV service costs (i.e. the price of pay TV as a single product or the cost of the TV component within a multiservice bundle).
Features and Benefits
- Assesses both retail pricing levels and affordability of pay-TV packages in five major European countries.
- Compares the pay-TV channel offerings, features, and pricing of 22 service providers in five countries.
Key questions answered
- Who are the dominant pay-TV operators in each country?
- What channels, features, and pricing options are available at the basic, intermediate, and top service levels in each country?
- How affordable is pay TV in relation to local income levels?
- Given the prominent marketing of multiservice bundles, what are the real adoption costs of pay TV?
Table of contents
- Methodology and definitions
- Overview and key findings
- Key findings
- Value-added services summary
- Regional comparison
- Cross-market pricing/cost comparisons
- General recommendations
- Country benchmarks
- United Kingdom