Product Code: IT019-003255
The Philippines continues to be one of the most attractive destinations for outsourcing, fueled in large part by competitive price points and significant pools of English language skills.
- The Philippines is not yet near saturation at an agent level but outsourcers, the government, and the education sector need to address middle management sourcing .
- Gain insight into the Philippine CRM outsourcing industry.
- Understand the key challenges when entering or playing in this market.
- What are the biggest issues outsourcers and enterprises need to consider when operating in this market?
- How saturated is the market and what measures have key stakeholders taken to mitigate associated issues?
- What are the opportunities beyond English, voice delivery?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- PHILIPPINES MARKET SNAPSHOT
- Market size
- Vertical splits
- Offshore snapshot
- Captives are the main competitors
- KEY CHALLENGES IN the philippines CRM MARKET
- Saturation may become a problem
- Geographic proximity to key Western markets
- Transparency is only slowly improving
- Perception as an English-only delivery center
- Spanish delivery from the Philippines is feasible in small numbers
- Canadian delivery limitations
- Asian language delivery capabilities
- National security issues
- ADVANTAGES FOR CRM OUTSOURCERS
- Strong country brand perception
- Broad and increasing government support
- A rapidly growing domestic market
- Non-voice delivery from the texting capital of the world
- Case studies
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OUTSOURCERS IN THE PHILIPINNES
- Emphasize strength as an English language delivery center
- Vendors should consider the Philippines as a secondary source for
Spanish language skills
- Leverage low price points as a competitive advantage
- Use the Philippines as a non-voice offshore CRM hub
- Develop a beach-head for the domestic market
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting
- Figure 1: Philippines: agent positions in contact centers, 2013-17
- Figure 2: Verticals serviced by outsourcer operations in the Philipinnes
by proportion of agents
- Figure 3: Offshore versus domestic delivery in the Philipinnes
- Figure 4: Markets serviced from the Philipinnes, by proportion of
- Figure 5: Likelihood to consider outsourcing to the Philippines
- Figure 6: Price per agent, per hour in offshore outsourcing locations