Product Code: IT017-004026
IAM is needed to ensure that the correct balance between facilitating and controlling access to business systems can be maintained. As a whole new generation of mobile users comes on stream, and the requirement to support identity-based access across traditional, cloud-based service-provider and partner environments evolves, the need for better and more focused IAM protection continues to grow.
- IAM protection is needed by every business to control who/what has access to corporate information. What is less clear is why the industry has been allowed to create an identity-driven monster with tentacles that reach well beyond the remit of improving password security and providing users with the authority to access systems and do their jobs.
- For IAM to have a sustainable future that extends beyond the large enterprise remit, and includes all types of organizations and users, there has to be a better way to make more effective use of the technology and its services.
- Assailed by a whole new generation of mobile users with multiple devices and identities, and an extended range of cloud-based systems to support, the difficulties associated with managing users and their access rights is growing exponentially.
- Understand why users of business systems are more demanding and the impact it is having on maintaining control over their access rights.
- Understand the need for business use alongside social access and the issues involved in supporting the approach.
- How are cost and efficiency issues being addressed within new approaches to delivering IAM services?
- How are mobile users, BYOD, and multi-device access changing the IAM perspective?
About Ovum, Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- USERS OF BUSINESS SYSTEMS ARE BECOMING MORE DEMANDING
- The need for IAM continues to grow
- The cloud provides opportunities as well as problems
- BUSINESS USE ALONGSIDE SOCIAL ACCESS NEEDS TO BE BETTER UNDERSTOOD
- The boundaries between business and social use have become blurred
- The delivery of IAM services needs to keep pace with business and social
- THE AUTHENTICATION SECTOR IS GOING THROUGH A PERIOD OF CHANGE
- Tokens and their supporting infrastructure have become part of the
- It is important to get the balance right
- MOBILE USERS, BYOD, AND MULTI-DEVICE ACCESS ARE CHANGING THE IAM
- Mobility demands more care and attention
- Logical and physical access and B2B and B2C relationships can be
- THE CLOUD IS REVOLUTIONIZING SERVICE DELIVERY AND ALTERING PROTECTION
- Cloud is a game-changer for IAM
- Dealing with the challenges
- THE MANAGEMENT OF PRIVILEGED ACCESS IS NOW INCLUDED WITHIN THE IAM MODEL
- The management of privileged users has been ignored for too long
- The management of privileged identity is a fundamental requirement
- COST AND EFFICIENCY ISSUES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED
- High project costs and long deployment timescales remain
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting