Product Code: IT019-003187
As a result of the pressures they find themselves under, US healthcare providers are becoming increasingly open to new ideas and approaches, including the outsourcing of core business processes. This has, in turn, created openings for third-party vendors that are able to combine deep knowledge of the healthcare industry with processing expertise and targeted technology offerings.
- Outsourcing business processes may not be a main priority for healthcare providers at the moment, but Ovum believes that the industry represents a significant opportunity for BPO vendors.
- The looming deadline for ICD-10 conversion represents a chance for outsourcing vendors to demonstrate to US healthcare providers their ability to deliver significant business value.
- Gain an insight into the challenges facing US healthcare providers.
- Understand how these challenges have contributed to a growing demand for healthcare-specific outsourcing services.
- Learn how vendors can use ICD-10 conversion to raise their profile among US healthcare providers.
- What opportunities exist for outsourcing vendors in the US healthcare market?
- How have factors such as healthcare reform affected demand for IT services and BPO in the US?
About Ovum, Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- THE MARKET FOR HEALTHCARE-SPECIFIC OUTSOURCING SERVICES
- Healthcare continues to be an important market for IT services vendors
- Healthcare market represents strong growth potential for BPO providers
- The US is the key market for healthcare BPO
- The last few months have seen significant acquisition activity
- US healthcare providers face a number of significant challenges
- Increasing demand for services
- Shortage of healthcare professionals
- Changes to reimbursement models
- The impact of healthcare reforms
- Greater complexity around clinical documentation
- Potential openings for providers of healthcare-specific services
- ICD-10 CONVERSION - Y2K FOR HEALTHCARE OUTSOURCING?
- A lengthy and costly process
- Significant potential benefits ofICD-10 conversion
- "Y2K on steroids"
- Key focus areas for outsourcing vendors around ICD-10 conversion
- Systems upgrades
- Coding-related considerations
- Recommendations for healthcare providers
- Recommendations for vendors
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting
- Figure 1: Healthcare IT budget allocation by geography
- Figure 2: Top IT strategic goals for healthcare providers
- Figure 3: Number of Americans aged 65 and over, 1990-2030