Product Code: IT014-002667
This report identifies the key features required in a mobile BI solution, as well as where the supply side of the market is, and what type of questions an organization needs to ask before embracing mobility.
- The consumerization of IT is here and becoming more apparent every day. Users want business applications that are easy to use, fast, and available at any time.
- Learn what BI vendors are doing well and in what areas they are falling short.
- Understand what the consumerization of IT means for the mobile BI market.
- Where are BI vendors with mobility today, and where will they go next?
- Why should an enterprise consider mobile BI? What are the benefits?
About Ovum, Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- MOBILITY IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY PREVALENT IN THE BUSINESS LANDSCAPE
- The consumerization of IT is real, and mobile BI is a part of the
- Mobile technology is now ripe for BI deployment
- Enterprise adoption rates of mobile technology will grow
- Vendors are stepping up
- FOR ENTERPRISES: EVALUATE THE VALUE-ADD
- Mobile BI allows for an increasingly flexible end user
- Mobile BI must first address the basics
- Mobile BI could eventually enable realtime collaboration
- SHIFTING MOBILE MARKET AND TECHNOLOGY CAN LEAVE VENDORS SHOOTING IN THE
- Cross-platform support is still a major weakness
- Smartphones and tablets need to be treated as two separate devices
- Security needs to be at the top of must-have lists
- Vendors are deciding between three ways to deploy solutions
- Native deployment gives users richer experience, but is tedious to
- HTML5 eases deployment but is still a young technology
- Hybrid solutions appear to be the best way to deploy solutions
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Mobile BI solutions should go hand in hand with other mobile
- Involve CxOs for large deployments
- Consider what type of professional services engagement is required
- Don't be afraid to look at pure-play vendors
- Recommendations for vendors
- Better cross-platform support
- Prove your security worth
- Work on expanding collaboration features
- Don't make mobile solutions over-complicated
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting
- Figure 1: Enterprise wireless connections 2008-2015
- Figure 2: Percentage of vendors supporting mobile platforms
- Figure 3: Desirable features: smartphones and tablets