Product Code: IT013-000187
Consumerization of the enterprise mobility market will continue apace in 2013.
Ovum has identified three major trends that we think will shake up the space:
"bring your own" behavior and activity is not going away; Windows Phone 8 will
make inroads into the enterprise; and the enterprise mobility management
market is set for consolidation and a move towards mobile application
management. Mobile consumerization is contributing to a wider theme of
technological innovation that is forcing CIOs to change the way in which they
engage with the rest of the business.
- The BYOD trend is set to stay, driven by two main factors. Firstly, the
consumer mobile device market will continue with its phenomenal growth,
meaning that there are more personal devices around to be brought into work.
Secondly, employee attitudes and behavioral trends demonstrate a preference to
use a single device across all areas of their life where possible, and that
being able to access corporate data while away from the office helps them to
do their job better.
- Use this brief to identify and act upon the key consumerization trends
that will shape the enterprise mobility space in 2013.
- Understand the framework around which to build a corporate mobility policy
that embraces consumerization and deals with the challenges it presents.
- Is BYOD a fad that will tail off in 2013, or is it here to stay?
- Can Microsoft become a significant rival to Apple, Google and RIM in the
- How will the enterprise mobility management market evolve in 2013?
- How is consumerization changing the role of the CIO?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key messages
BUSINESS TRENDS AND TECHNOLOGY ENABLERS
- Consumer technology continues to shape enterprise mobility
BYO BEHAVIOR IS NOT GOING AWAY
- BYO device is driven by consumer behavior and attitudes
- BYO apps: encouraged by faster networks
- BYO PC is not just about Mac users
WINDOWS PHONE 8 EXPECTED TO MAKE INROADS INTO THE ENTERPRISE
- Microsoft's last chance in the consumer mobile market?
- Potential in both the consumer and enterprise spaces
MOBILITY MANAGEMENT MARKET CONSOLIDATES AND MOVES TOWARDS MOBILE APPLICATION MANAGEMENT
- Fast growth continues but commoditization is on the horizon for MDM
- MAM: the next step in gaining value from mobile consumerization on both
the demand and supply sides
CONSUMERIZATION FORCES CIOS TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY ENGAGE WITH THE BUSINESS
- Allowing for BYOD versus provisioning centrally
- Risk managing innovation throughout the organization: engaging with HR,
legal, and line of business units
- Recommendations for enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- Alternative views
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting