Product Code: MRT069
Available for purchase from MRT, the report contents are based on MRT's
extensive knowledge of the carbon black industry and production methods. The
report gives guidance and practical insight into the economics and production
costs for the furnace production method of carbon black. The report is 14
pages in length.
This report is one of a series of technical carbon black reports aimed at
carbon black industry professionals and associated industry participants.
Other reports in the series are:
- Carbon Black Furnace Process Yield Improvement
- Carbon Black Handling & Beading (Pelletizing)
Table of Contents
- An overview of the carbon black furnace process.
- Figure 1 - Typical Carbon Black Furnace Production Line
2. Variable Costs
- Discussion of the major variable cost components - feedstock & fuel.
- Discussion of the minor variable cost components - water, oxygen, binder
- Table 1 - Estimated Variable Cost by Year for Various Carbon Black
3. Fixed Costs
- Considerations and benchmarking of fixed costs with industry trends.
- Table 2 - Estimated Fixed Costs for Various Carbon Black Producers
- Industry trends for reducing fixed costs.
4. Grade (Market Sector) Specific Costs
- Discussion of each market sector relating to product requirements and the
influence on final production cost. Consideration is given for rubber,
plastic, coating, inks and other specialist areas.
5. Production Cost Estimates and Modelling
- Methodology for modelling production costs.
6. Selected Grades - Production Cost Estimates
- Table 3 Summary of production costs for a range of grades
7. Industry Drivers - Process and Economics
- A discussion of the drivers for changes / improvements to the carbon black
process, including legislation, commoditisation and market forces.