Product Code: 71282
The bioliquid heat and power generation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.1% over the period of 2020 - 2025. The efforts for reducing carbon emissions, availability of advanced technology to convert feedstock to liquid biofuels, and easy feedstock availability are some of the key factors driving the bioliquid heat & power generation market. However, the lack of a uniform regulatory framework and regulatory restrictions on vegetable oils for bioliquid conversion and the locust attack on feedstock are some of the factors which are expected to restrain the bioliquid heat and power generation market during the forecast period.
- The bioethanol type is expected to be the largest market for bioliquid heat and power generation during the forecast period.
- New government policies and improving energy security in various nations across the globe are expected to create significant opportunities for the players involved in the market.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall bioliquid heat and power generation market due to supportive government initiatives to promote renewable energy generation through biofuels.
Key Market Trends
Bioethanol Segment Is to Dominate the Market
- The bioethanol market accounted for approximately half of the bioliquid heat and power generation market in 2019. Factors such as the abundant availability of feedstocks such as crop residues and industrial waste are expected to drive the bioethanol segment of the bioliquid heat and power generation market.
- The bioethanol contains 35% oxygen and adding oxygen to fuel results in incomplete fuel combustion, thus reducing harmful tailpipe emissions. Moreover, ethanol also displaces the use of toxic gasoline components such as benzene. In the United States, nearly all the gasoline is now sold, contains 10% ethanol by volume.
- Considering the technical features of bioethanol, it is much cheaper compared to biodiesel and provides approximately 93% more net energy per gallon.
- Therefore, based on the above-mentioned*factors, the bioethanol segment is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- In Asia-Pacific, governments are focusing on increasing the contribution of renewable energy sources to meet domestic electricity demand.
- The strong production growth is expected to be witnessed in countries such as China, India, and Thailand, among other developing countries. And the Chinese market is expected to dominate the market in the Asia Pacific.
- In 2019, the estimated ethanol blend rate was 2.5%. This is down from peak blend rates achieved 10 years ago.
- China will most likely achieve a blended rate of 3.0 to 3.5% by 2020, well short of the central government's effort to achieve E10 use nationally by 2020.
- Furthermore, based on the International Energy Agency's long-term projections through 2030, China will need to boost annual fuel ethanol consumption to reach E10 nationally through 2030.
- As the world's second largest economy and the new game changer in global markets, China exhibits the potential to grow at 6% over the forecast period and present significant opportunities for the players involved in the market.
- Therefore, based on the above-mentioned*facts, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The bioliquid heat and power generation market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market include Muenzer Bioindustrie GmbH, Argent Energy UK Ltd, Olleco, Cargill Inc, and Ensyn Corp.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Bioethanol
- 5.1.2 Biodiesel
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Power Generation
- 5.2.2 Heat Generation
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Muenzer Bioindustrie GmbH
- 6.3.2 Argent Energy UK Ltd
- 6.3.3 Olleco
- 6.3.4 Cargill Inc
- 6.3.5 Ensyn Corp
- 6.3.6 Betarenewables
- 6.3.7 Archer Daniels Midland Company
- 6.3.8 MBP Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS