Product Code: 69510
The transmission fluid market is expected to witness a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The primary factor driving the market studied is the rapidly growing demand for transmission fluid from the automotive industry. On the flip side, the volatility in crude oil prices and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market.
- Growing demand for less carbon emission control vehicles is likely to offer various opportunities for the growth of the market over the forecast period.
- Transmission fluid from the automotive industry is expected to dominate the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries, such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Transmission Fluid from the Automotive Industry
- Transmission fluid is a slippery fluid that acts as a lubricant for the entirety of the moving parts inside your transmission and fluid fills in as a coolant and a thick liquid that transmits power from the motor to the transmission.
- The transmission fluid is optimized in the automobile industry for the unique requirements of a transmission, such as a valve operation, brake band friction, and the torque converter, as well as gear lubrication.
- For over 70 years, the oil aftermarket has produced both licensed and non-licensed formulations of automatic transmission fluids (ATF).
- Transmission fluids are highly recommended in automobile vehicles to avoid hydraulic pump wear out and the gear getting stuck in neutral, which leads to the immobility of the vehicle.
- Hence, owing to the factors mentioned above, the application of transmission fluid from the automobile industry is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for transmission fluid during the forecast period. The rising demand for transmission fluid from the automotive industry and growing application in industrial machinery in developing countries like China, Japan, and India are expected to drive the demand for transmission fluid in this region.
- The largest producers of transmission fluid are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of transmission fluid are BASF SE, Chevron Corporation, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP PLC.
- The Indian government aims to make automobile manufacturing the main driver of 'Make in India' initiative, as it expects the passenger vehicles market to triple to 9.4 million units by 2026, as highlighted in the Auto Mission Plan (AMP) 2016-2026.
- In April 2019, the Government of China invested around USD 73 billion for constructing key transportation projects, including railways, highways, waterways, airports, and urban rail.
- The market for transmission fluid in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow significantly during the study period due to the factors mentioned above.
The transmission fluid market is partially consolidated in nature, with only a few major players dominating the market. Some of the significant companies are BASF SE, Chevron Corporation, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP PLC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand of Transmission Fluid from Automotive Industry
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Volatility in Crude Oil Price
- 4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Process Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Automatic Transmission Fluid
- 5.1.2 Manual Transmission Fluid
- 5.1.3 Dual Clutch
- 5.1.4 Continuously Variable
- 5.2 Base Oil
- 5.2.1 Mineral
- 5.2.2 Synthetic
- 5.2.3 Semi-synthetic
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive Industry
- 5.3.2 Construction
- 5.3.3 Mining
- 5.3.4 Industrial Machinry
- 5.3.5 Agriculture
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Amalie Oil Co.
- 6.4.2 American Hitech Petroleum & Chemicals Inc.
- 6.4.3 BASF SE
- 6.4.4 BP PLC
- 6.4.5 CASTROL LIMITED
- 6.4.6 Chevron Corporation
- 6.4.7 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
- 6.4.8 CRP Industries Inc.
- 6.4.9 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.10 Ford Motor Company
- 6.4.11 Gulf Oil Lubricants India Ltd
- 6.4.12 Kemipex
- 6.4.13 PetroCanada Lubricants Inc.
- 6.4.14 Royal Dutch Shell plc
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Demand for Less Carbon Emission Control Vehicle
- 7.2 Other Opportunities