Product Code: 70438
The flare gas recovery system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as an increase in environmental awareness, regulations, and potential chances of gaining profit from the flare gas recovery product are expected to provide a boost to the market. However, lack of technology in underdeveloped and emerging economies and lack of government regulations in such countries are expected to restraint the growth of the market
- The downstream sector is expected to dominate the market, as they already have various governmental restrictions in place which demand strict rules for reducing the flare gas emission. The flare gas recovery system provides for an economically viable method to reduce the flare gas emission from the refineries.
- The World Bank has been pursuing a strategy of incentivizing governments and privately-owned companies to mitigate their flaring of gas by the Zero Routine Flaring 2030 initiative. The initiative is to completely stop the routine flaring of gas, especially in the upstream sector. This may provide an opportunity for companies in the market.
- Europe is expected to be the fastest-growing flare gas recovery system market in the forecast period. The Russian Federation is expected to play a leading role in the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
Downstream Sector to Dominate the Market
- Refineries have different ways to reduce flare gas emissions, including the production of energy from it or its usage as feedstock, diverted to other plants for processing. Among such mechanisms include the flare gas recovery system.
- Flare gas recovery system converts the flare gas into a fuel which may be used in the refineries or sold to a third party for profit. Flare gas recovery system provides for a reliable mechanism usable energy, which can reduce the cost of power required to run the refining operations.
- Refining capacity in the world increased by 1.45%, to 100049 thousand barrels per day, in 2018 from 98621 thousand barrels per day, in 2017. An increase in the refining capacity around the world is expected to raise the demand for flare gas recovery systems and thereby drive the market in the forecast period.
- Iran and Venezuela are the largest emitter of oil downstream flare gas in the world. With each emitting around 1.27 billion cubic feet of flare gas per year. Weak regulation on the companies to reduce flare gas emission and quality of the oil is among the significant reasons for the high flare gas emission.
- Therefore, with the increase in efficiency of flare gas recovery mechanisms and an increase in the profits made from the gas recovered, thereby it is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Europe to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Most countries in Europe produce low flare gas into the atmosphere, but countries like the Russian Federation and the United Kingdom increase the overall flare gas emission. Most of the flare gas emission is from the upstream sector.
- In 2020, the Russian Federation is the largest emitter of flare gas in the world. It increased its gas flared to 21.86 billion cubic meters in 2018 from 21.50 billion cubic meters in 2017. Most of the flare gas came from the upstream sector. The government is expected to pursue companies to curb the emissions under the Paris Climate Accord, which is expected to increase the demand for flare gas recovery systems and thereby generate growth in the flare gas recovery industry.
- The United Kingdom is the second-largest emitter of flare gas in the European continent. The overall gas flared has decreased in the country, which is mainly due to the decrease in the upstream sector, while the gas flared from the downstream industry has marginally increased.
- Hence, Europe is expected to be the fastest-growing market is expected to be the fastest-growing market in the world, driven primarily by the Russian Federation to reduce its flare gas emissions.
The flare gas recovery system market is partially fragmented. Some of the key players in this market are John Zink Hamworthy Combustion LLC, Gardner Denver Holdings Inc, Honeywell International Inc, MAN SE, and SoEnergy International Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, in USD billion
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Upstream
- 5.1.2 Downstream
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 John Zink Hamworthy Combustion LLC
- 6.3.2 Gardner Denver holdings Inc
- 6.3.3 Honeywell International Inc
- 6.3.4 Zeeco, Inc
- 6.3.5 SoEnergy International Inc
- 6.3.6 Wartsila Oyj Abp
- 6.3.7 Transvac Systems Ltd
- 6.3.8 Aerzener Maschinenfabrik GmbH
- 6.3.9 MAN SE
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS