Product Code: 63925
The global solar power recycling market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 18% during 2020 - 2025. Factors such as rising environmental concerns and government policies for safe disposal of solar panels are expected to be major factors driving the market. However, lack of general awareness and interest in the developing nations of Asia-Pacific region have somewhat hampered the growth of the market.
- Crystalline Silicon segment is expected to dominate the market for solar panel recycling, due to the higher number of installations globally.
- The aging older installations is expected to act as an opportunity for the solar panel recycling market.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to the largest market and the fastest growing market, owing to the largest share in the solar power generation and the presence of manufacturing and technology hub such as China and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Crystalline Silicon to Dominate the Market
- Globally, solar power generation grew from 33.7 TWh in 2010 to 584.6 in 2018, and is expected to show a significant growth in forecast period. Out of this, over 90% installations are of crystalline silicon type.
- These modules are built using crystalline silicon solar cells, which are developed using microelectronics technology. The two types of crystalline silicon solar cells used in crystalline silicon photovoltaic are - monocrystalline silicon and polycrystalline silicon.
- In the European Union, the legislation (Directive 2002/96/EC on WEEE) was formulated to create collection schemes where consumers return their used waste equipment free of charge. The directive is aimed at increasing the recycling and/or re-use of such products. The target set by the directive include the collection of 4 kilograms of such waste per year per inhabitant for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) from households.
- China have also started PV Recycling and Safety Disposal Research Program. Moreover, the country have drafted various rules and regulations for solar panel recycling.
- The above mentioned factors, has led to increasing demand for solar panel recycling, over the study period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth rate in the solar panel recycling market, with China being the largest market.
- With the rising pollution concerns, industrialization, especially in Asia-Pacific, the regional solar power generation has gained considerable momentum.
- The China solar power market is expected to be dominated by utility and the country is seeking to boost the demand for rooftop solar installation. The electricity market has been deregulated in the country, and distribution-grid-connected (DGC) generators were allowed to sell the power directly to the commercial and industrial consumers.
- Countries such as China and India are some of the major solar power generating countries in the region along with a large amount of installations for the solar panels.
- China manufactures over 45% of the solar panels, globally. Along with this, the solar panel recycling market is gaining momentum owing to the older and aging installed infrastructure.
- Owing to the above mentioned factors, the demand for solar panel recycling has been increasing over the study period.
The global solar panel recycling market is fragmented with a lot of players, with some of the major companies being Trina Solar, Sharp Corporation, First Solar, JA Solar Co., Ltd., Canadian Solar Inc. and Renesola, among others
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Process
- 5.1.1 Thermal
- 5.1.2 Mechanical
- 5.1.3 Laser
- 5.2 Type
- 5.2.1 Crystalline Silicon
- 5.2.2 Thin Film
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Canadian Solar Inc.
- 6.3.2 First Solar Inc.
- 6.3.3 Hanwha Group Co. Ltd.
- 6.3.4 JA Solar Co., Ltd.
- 6.3.5 Reclaim PV Recycling Pty Ltd
- 6.3.6 Reiling Group
- 6.3.7 Renesola
- 6.3.8 Sharp Corporation
- 6.3.9 SunPower Corporation
- 6.3.10 Trina Solar
- 6.3.11 Yingli Energy Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS