Product Code: 61470
The global ceramic matrix composites market is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 10% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market is the growing demand from aerospace sector. However concerns regarding the recyclability and repairs of the ceramic matrix composites hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing R&D activities regarding ceramic matrix composites are expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- North America accounts for the highest share of the ceramic matrix composite market and is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
- Among the application areas, electrical & electronics application dominated the market studied and is expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
SIC/SIC Ceramic Matrix Composites to Drive the Market Growth
- SiC/SiC ceramic matrix composites are majorly used for in gas turbines and are major alternatives for metallic alloys.
- In the recent years, SiC/SiC ceramic matrix composites application in energy & power industry has been increasing owing to its exceptional oxidation and radiation resistance properties.
- Besides this, exceptional performance properties of these composites at very high temperatures further add to the advantage of using these composites for application in the energy & power sector.
- Owing to such favourable properties, the demand for SiC/SiC matrix composites is projected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
North America to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- North America accounts for the highest share of the global ceramic matrix composites market. Majority of the demand for the ceramic matrix comes from the end-user industries like aerospace & defense, energy, electrical & electronics, etc.
- The aerospace & defense industry of the United States is the largest in the world. It is also the largest exporter of commercial aircrafts.
- The growing investments in the defense and aerospace sector in the region are contributing to the growth of the ceramic matrix composite market in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned trends North America is likely to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The ceramic matrix composites market is moderately fragmented as the market share is divided between many players. Key players in the market include 3M, CeramTec, COI Ceramics, Inc., CoorsTek Inc., and GENERAL ELECTRIC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Application of Ceramic Matrix Composites in Defense Sector
- 4.1.2 Exceptional Performance Properties at Very High Temperatures
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Higher Cost of Production as Compared to Other Metals & Alloys
- 4.2.2 Concerns Related to Recyclability and Repairs
- 4.2.3 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 C/C Ceramic Matrix Composites
- 5.1.2 C/SIC Ceramic Matrix Composites
- 5.1.3 Oxide/Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composites
- 5.1.4 SIC/SIC Ceramic Matrix Composites
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Automotive
- 5.2.2 Aerospace
- 5.2.3 Defense
- 5.2.4 Energy & Power
- 5.2.5 Electrical & Electronics
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Applied Thin Films, Inc.
- 6.4.3 CeramTec
- 6.4.4 COI Ceramics, Inc.
- 6.4.5 CoorsTek, Inc.
- 6.4.6 General Electric
- 6.4.7 Kyocera Corporation
- 6.4.8 Lancer Systems LP
- 6.4.9 Rolls-Royce Plc
- 6.4.10 SGL Carbon Company
- 6.4.11 Starfire Systems, Inc.
- 6.4.12 Ube Industries, Ltd.
- 6.4.13 Ultramet, Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing R&D related to Ceramic Matrix Composites