Product Code: 61982
The market for ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC) is expected to register a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the increasing need for chemical and corrosion resistant construction material.
- Relatively high material cost when compared with conventional concrete is likely to hinder the markets growth.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world.
Key Market Trends
Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC) to Dominate the Market
- RPC is made up of very fine powders (cement, sand, quartz powder, and silica fume), steel fibers, and superplasticizer. By optimizing the granular packing of the dry fine powders, the compact density of this concrete is improved, which gives RPC ultra-high strength and durability.
- The compressive strength of this material ranges from 200 MPa to 800 MPa. Moreover, due to superplasticizers, it shows excellent workability, which is an essential requirement for the large-scale applications of cement-based materials, which is one of the most important advantage compared with other UHPCs.
- As a construction material, RPC offers for the improvement of concrete structures. Thus, reducing inertial loads and permitting larger deflections of building or bridge frames within the elastic range. The high energy absorption characteristics of the RPC also allow the improved post-elastic response of the beam column joints and sheer walls.
- The increase in the construction activity in Asia-Pacific, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for RPC.
- Under the 13th five-year plan (2016-2020), the Chinese government is planning for infrastructure development of 30,000 km of railway lines and 30,000 km of expressways.
- Australia, Forrest field Airport Link is expected to get USD 490 million worth investment, USD 261 million for Perth Freight Link, and USD 115 million for continuing work at the Western Sydney Airport
- All these factors are expected to rapidly drive the market studied during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest economy in terms of GDP. China's 13th Five Year Plan started in 2016, as it was an important year for the country's engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) industry. In addition, the country ventured into new business models, domestically and internationally, during the year.
- China initiated the Belt and Road Initiative, joining other countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa, to enhance the regional connectivity with road and rail constructions.
- Moreover, restrictions on foreign investment on land development, high-end hotels, office buildings, international exhibition centers, and construction and operation of large theme parks have also been lifted. The growth in infrastructure and transportation sectors is expected to boost the UHPC market in the country, over the forecast period.
- Furthermore, in India investments through private sector are expected to show moderate-to-high growth, owing to factors, such as diminishing overcapacity in some sectors, increasing stability in infrastructure projects, corporate deleveraging, cleaning of loan portfolios by banks, and implementation of the Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- The government is taking various steps to restructure corporate taxes and make it more appealing to foreign investors. The move is anticipated to boost investments in health, education, housing, transport, and water infrastructure sectors.
- Investments of USD 31,650 billion has been proposed by 99 cities under their smart cities plan. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite investments worth INR 2 trillion in the next 5 years.
- On the whole, the aforementioned factors are expected to increase the demand for ultra-high performance concrete at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
The epoxy adhesives market is partially fragmented in nature. The major players are ceEntek, Illinois Tool Works Inc., LafargeHolcim, Sika AG, and CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Need for Chemical and Corrosion Resistant Construction Material
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Relatively High Material Cost when Compared with Conventional Concrete
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product
- 5.1.1 Slurry-Infiltrated Fibrous Concrete (SIFCON)
- 5.1.2 Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC)
- 5.1.3 Compact Reinforced Composite (CRC)
- 5.1.4 Other Products
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Roads and Bridge Construction
- 5.2.2 Building Construction
- 5.2.3 Military Construction
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 ceEntek
- 6.4.2 CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V.
- 6.4.3 CHRYSO UK
- 6.4.4 ELO Concrete
- 6.4.5 Fine Concrete
- 6.4.6 Gulf Precast Concrete Co. LLC
- 6.4.7 Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- 6.4.8 LafargeHolcim
- 6.4.9 Metalco srl
- 6.4.10 Metrostav
- 6.4.11 RAMPF Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.4.12 Sika AG
- 6.4.13 TAKTL
- 6.4.14 UHPC SOLUTIONS
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS