Product Code: 66941
The market for medical polyoxymethylene is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period of. Major factors driving the market studied are the rising demand from drug contact & delivery applications and booming medical devices industry. However, the emergence of new plastics applicable for medical devices (like PEEK and PC) is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Insulin pens application segment dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the growing usage in countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- Emerging Applications in Tissue Engineering is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Insulin Pens Application to Drive the Market Demand
- An insulin pen is used for injecting insulin into a diabetic patient (mostly patients suffering from type-1 diabetes). Due to its ease of operation and affordability, the usage of insulin pens is increasing, globally.
- Some of the insulin pen parts made with POM are pen cap, outer needle cap, inner needle cap, and dosage knob. Plastics are generally considered for these parts, due to low moisture absorption, sterility, and impact resistance.
- The insulin pen market in Europe and Japan is growing at a moderate rate, as these regions are established markets. However, the moderate growth of insulin pen in these regions is due to the rise in aging population and diabetic patients.
- The US market is mostly dominated by infusion pump, while the insulin pen market is expected to grow in the country.
- In countries, such as China, India, and Brazil, the market for insulin pens is growing at a higher rate, due to the increasing health awareness among the population.
- With the increase in insulin pen usage and production, the market for engineering plastics, like POM, is expected to increase in these regions.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominates the global market. In the Asia-pacific region, China emerged as the largest market for polyoxymethylene (polyacetals).
- The market for glucose monitoring devices is expected to grow rapidly in major economies of Asia-pacific, owing to the major changes in lifestyle, increasing population with diabetes, etc.
- India signifies about half of the world's total diabetes burden, with the number expected to 134 million by 2025.
- This scenario is expected to boost the insulin pens market which will further concrete the demand for medical grade polyoxymethylene in the nearby future.
- Apart from the above, the rapidly growing healthcare industry in major economies of Asia-pacific is instrumental in the consumption of polyoxymethylene, during the forecast period.
- The large market size coupled with the huge growth of Asia-Pacific is quite instrumental in expansion of the global medical polyoxymethylene (POM) market.
The medical polyoxymethylene market is fragmented in nature, with several manufacturers across the world. The major companies include Celanese Corporation, Daicel Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Korea Engineering Plastics Co., Ltd, and BASF SE, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Demand from Drug Contact And Delivery Applications
- 4.1.2 Booming Medical Devices Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Raw Material Analysis
- 4.6 Patent Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Homopolymer POM
- 5.1.2 Copolymer POM
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Dialysis Machine
- 5.2.2 Handles for Surgical Instruments
- 5.2.3 Inhalers
- 5.2.4 Insulin Pen
- 5.2.5 Medical Trays
- 5.2.6 Pharmaceutical Closures
- 5.2.7 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Celanese Corporation
- 6.4.3 Daicel Corporation (Polyplastics Co. Ltd)
- 6.4.4 DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- 6.4.5 Ensinger
- 6.4.6 Korea Engineering Plastics Co. Ltd
- 6.4.7 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- 6.4.8 Westlake Plastics Company
- 6.4.9 Yuntianhua Group Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Emerging Applications in Tissue Engineering
- 7.2 Other Opportunities