Product Code: 66858
The market for polypropylene is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 5.5% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing usage of plastics to reduce vehicle weight and enhance fuel economy, growing demand for flexible packaging.
- Recycled PP is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Injection Molding
- Polypropylene is majorly used for injection molding and is mostly available for this application in the form of pellets. Polypropylene is easy to mold, and it flows very well, because of its low melt viscosity.
- Injection molding technology is used in the production of high-precision engineering components and various disposable consumer products that are utilized in housing appliances, consumer electronics, medical devices (such as valves and syringes), power tools, automotive dashboards, car bumpers, open containers, fittings, toothbrushes, and toys, among various other products.
- Recent developments in the injection molding technique, such as multiple-component injection and microinjection, coupled with advanced injection molding machines, resulting in better and efficient end products, thus, driving the use of this technique in the production process of various polypropylene products.
- Products manufactured by injection molding technology can be of complex shapes while having an excellent surface finish and good dimensional accuracy.
- Injection molding is relatively a capital-intensive process. However, the advantage that this technology offers, is its high production rate. Therefore, injection molding is found to be highly beneficial in the bulk production of pallets. Injection molding processes are used in wire spools, packaging, bottle caps, automotive dashboards, pocket combs, etc.
- The high growth of the automotive, packaging, and chemical processing industries across the world are expected to offer a favorable market scenario for injection molding. Owing to the geographical advantage of distribution to the rapidly growing Asia-Pacific region, the consumption of injection-molded pallets may increase drastically.
- Additionally, the high demand from the automotive and medical device industries is also expected to drive the growth of the market studied.
The United States to Dominate the North America Market
- One of the major factors driving the growth of the United States polypropylene market is the increasing use of packaging in the food and beverage industry. Food production in the United States is concentrated between multinational giants, such as PepsiCo, Tyson Foods, Nestle, and JBS USA. Packaging materials for food and beverage products are witnessing a growing demand in the country.
- In the United States, the flexible packaging market is growing at a faster pace, owing to its benefits, such as easy handling, compact packaging, and lightweight.
- The US electronics market is the largest in the world in terms of size. The market is expected to remain the leader over the forecast period, owing to the usage of advanced technology, an increase in the number of R&D centers, and rising demand from consumers.
- The electronics industry in the country is growing at a steady rate as well. Additionally, with companies continuously investing in the country's electronics industry, the market is likely to continue to grow, thereby, increasing the consumption of polypropylene in the United States.
- The healthcare sector in the United States is by far one of the most advanced sectors in the country. The country's expenditure in healthcare stood at USD 3.65 trillion in 2018, an increase of around 4.4% over the previous year. At this rate, healthcare spending in the country will be approximately 20% of the entire GDP by 2027.
- Such positive growth from various industries is likely to increase the demand for polypropylene during the forecast period.
The global polypropylene market is partially fragmented in nature, with intense competition among the top players to increase the share in the market. The major companies include China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec), LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Braskem, China National Petroleum Corporation, SABIC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Usage of Plastics to Reduce Vehicle Weight and Enhance Fuel Economy
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand for Flexible Packaging
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Import-Export Trends
- 4.6 Feedstock Analysis
- 4.7 Technological Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Homopolymer
- 5.1.2 Copolymer
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Injection Molding
- 5.2.2 Fiber
- 5.2.3 Film and Sheet
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 End-User Industry
- 5.3.1 Packaging
- 5.3.2 Automotive
- 5.3.3 Consumer Products
- 5.3.4 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.3.5 Other End-user Industry
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 ASEAN Countries
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Russia
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Borealis AG
- 6.4.2 Braskem
- 6.4.3 China National Petroleum Corporation (PetroChina)
- 6.4.4 China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec)
- 6.4.5 Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 6.4.6 Formosa Plastics Group
- 6.4.7 Ineos
- 6.4.8 Lotte Chemical Corporation
- 6.4.9 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
- 6.4.10 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- 6.4.11 Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
- 6.4.12 Reliance Industries Limited
- 6.4.13 SABIC
- 6.4.14 Sibur International GmbH
- 6.4.15 Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.16 Total
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS