Product Code: 64690
The geotextile market is expected to register a CAGR of around 10%, during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the growing usage of geotextiles in the construction industry, increasing usage of geotextiles in mining activities, and stringent regulatory framework for environmental protection.
- Susceptibility of geotextiles to blockage is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Rising awareness about water conservation in the manufacturing sector is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing the Demand in Road Construction and Pavement Repair
- Geotextiles are made from synthetic polymers, mainly including polypropylene, polyester, polyethylene, etc., which are very less likely prone to decay under biological and chemical processes.
- This feature makes geotextiles useful in the construction and maintenance of roads. During the past decade, there had been considerable growth in the usage of geotextile in the construction industry, worldwide.
- These materials are permeable textile structures used mainly in construction applications. The possible applications of geotextiles in the construction sector have been successfully developed. They offer high benefits in terms of economics, performance, and durability.
- These materials are used in road, highway, earth dam, railroad, industry, stabilization of soil, control of drainage, tunnel construction, etc.
- Thus, the above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the geotextile market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region held the largest market share in the overall geotextile market worldwide. The market for geotextiles in the region is mainly driven by the ongoing developments in the construction industry.
- China is expected to be the major market for geotextiles in the region. The Chinese government announced an investment of about USD 503 billion, by 2020, for the expansion of the railway system in the country. There is a plan to extend the high-speed railway coverage by 30,000 km, in the coming years.
- Currently, there are over 400 enterprises in the country that are engaged in the production of geotextiles.
- During the 13th Five-year Plan period, China's plans included water conservancy construction, power investment, road and railway construction, environmental engineering construction, as well as ports, airports, garbage disposal, rivers and lakes, sand control, and other projects.
- The aforementioned projects are expected to drive the market for geotextiles in the country.
- In India, some of the projects, like Sagarmala Project, Bharatmala Project, Setu Bharatam Project, Rashtriya Rajmarg Zila Sanjoyokta Pariyojna, and Inland Waterways, are anticipated to increase the demand for geotextiles in the country, over the forecast period.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors may contribute toward the growth in the demand for geotextiles in the Asia-Pacific region, during the forecast period.
The geotextile market is partially fragmented in nature. The major companies include HUESKER, Fibertex Nonwoven AS (Schouw & Co.), Tencate Geosynthetics Americas, and TYPAR Geosynthetics, and Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Usage of Geotextiles in Construction Industry
- 4.1.2 Increase Usage of Geotextiles in Mining Activities
- 4.1.3 Stringent Regulatory Framework for Environmental Protection
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Susceptibility of Geotextiles to Blockage
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Polypropylene
- 5.1.2 Polyester
- 5.1.3 Polyethylene
- 5.1.4 Other Materials
- 5.2 Type
- 5.2.1 Woven
- 5.2.2 Non-woven
- 5.2.3 Knitted
- 5.2.4 Other Types
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Road Construction and Pavement Repair
- 5.3.2 Erosion
- 5.3.3 Drainage
- 5.3.4 Railworks
- 5.3.5 Agriculture
- 5.3.6 Other Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Russia
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AFITEXINOV
- 6.4.2 AGRU AMERICA INC.
- 6.4.3 Asahi Kasei Advance Corporation.
- 6.4.4 Carthage Mills Inc.
- 6.4.5 Fibertex Nonwovens AS (Schouw & Co.)
- 6.4.6 GSE Environmental
- 6.4.7 HUESKER
- 6.4.8 Kaytech
- 6.4.9 Low & Bonar
- 6.4.10 Mattex Geosynthetics
- 6.4.11 NAUE GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.4.12 Officine Maccaferri SpA
- 6.4.13 Owens Corning
- 6.4.14 Swicofil AG
- 6.4.15 TenCate Geosynthetics Americas
- 6.4.16 Thrace Group
- 6.4.17 TYPAR Geosynthetics
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Rising Awareness about Water Conservation in the Manufacturing Sector
- 7.2 Other Opportunities