Product Code: 52934
The market for waterproofing membrane is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8%. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing usage in the mining sector. However, competition from eco-friendly alternatives is likely to restrain the market.
- Rapid growth of construction sector in Asia-Pacific is also likely to boost the demand for waterproofing membranes during the forecast period.
- New emerging markets and applications regarding waterproofing membranes is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in future.
- In 2018, Europe dominated the market and has accounted for the major market share.
Key Market Trends
Roofing and Walls Application to Dominate the Market
- Waterproofing membranes have applications in roofing and walls of structures, since they provide superior tensile strength and are climate adaptable. Also, they offer fire resistance properties, and help in improving flow resistance at high temperatures.
- The demand for waterproofing membranes from roofing and wall applications has witnessed a rise in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East. This is majorly because of the increase in commercial infrastructure projects in these regions.
- Leakage in building, specially roofs, and walls has been a cause of concern due to water leakage from different parts of the building. Drainage slope of roofs is one of the most important factors. Each building plan must incorporate a roof plan, indicating the position of drainage pipes and direction and extent of slope on the roof.
- PVC roofing systems have witnessed tremendous growth in the recent years, due to a variety of standout characteristics, notably, the longevity, durability in harsh weather and temperature extremes, low lifecycle costs, energy efficiency, heat and solar reflectance, flame resistance, chemical and grease resistance, ease of maintenance, ease and flexibility of installation, and inherent recyclability/re-use, among many other benefits.
- TPO roofing membranes are also used, as they are highly resistant to tears, impacts, and punctures, with good flexibility to allow for building movement. TPO membranes contain no toxic or hazardous ingredients and are fully recyclable.
- Modified bitumen is also used in roofing, as it provides superior waterproofing characteristics. These are usually installed as two-ply systems, and are always fully adhered.
- Modified bitumen is asphalt with modifiers added, to offer plastic or rubber-like properties, making it much more durable. The modifiers provide increased resistance to brittleness, cold temperatures, and increased elasticity and strength. It is made of six basic layers that can be assembled in various other combinations.
- Therefore, such factors are likely to boost the demand for waterproofing membranes in roofing applications.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market for waterproofing membranes, in terms of both value and volume, during the forecast period. The majority of the demand is coming from China and India.
The Chinese building & construction industry is the largest construction industry in Asia-Pacific. In 2018, there has been an increase in the demand for the waterproofing membranes as China witnessed high growth in commercial building & construction as well as high-end real estate.
In addition, introduction of energy saving policies is also expected to drive the demand for waterproofing membranes in China.
In India, apart from the residential and commercial building construction, several metro rail projects are currently under progress, such as Lucknow Metro, Kochi Metro, Ahmedabad Metro, Kanpur Metro. This is expected to further boost the Indian construction sector.
Therefore, considering such factors, the market for waterproofing membranes in Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a high growth, during the forecast period.
The market for waterproofing membrnae is moderately fragmented as the market share is divided among sevral companies. Some of the major players of the market include Minerals Technology Inc., Soprema Group, Sika AG, and BASF SE.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Usage in the Mining Sector
- 4.1.2 Increasing Disposable Income and Rising infrastructural Expenditure in the Developing Countries
- 4.1.3 Rapid Growth of Construction Sector in Asia-Pacific
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Competition from Eco-friendly Alternative
- 4.2.2 Plummeting Oil and Petrochemicals Prices
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Raw Material Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Raw Material
- 5.1.1 Modified Bitumen
- 5.1.2 PVC
- 5.1.3 TPO
- 5.1.4 EPDM
- 5.1.5 HDPE
- 5.1.6 LDPE
- 5.2 Type
- 5.2.1 Cold Liquid Applied Membranes
- 5.2.2 Hot Liquid Applied Membranes
- 5.2.3 Fully Adhered Sheets
- 5.2.4 Loose Laid Sheets
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Roofing and Walls
- 5.3.2 Water and Waste Management
- 5.3.3 Building Structures
- 5.3.4 Tunnel Liners
- 5.3.5 Bridges and Highways
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of the Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 Carlisle Companies Inc.
- 6.4.3 Chryso SAS
- 6.4.4 Derbigum Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
- 6.4.5 DowDuPont
- 6.4.6 Firestone Building Products
- 6.4.7 Fosroc International Limited
- 6.4.8 GAF Materials Corporation
- 6.4.9 GSE Environmental
- 6.4.10 IKO Industries Ltd
- 6.4.11 Johns Manville
- 6.4.12 Juta AS
- 6.4.13 Pidilite Industries Limited
- 6.4.14 Renolit SE
- 6.4.15 Schluter-Systems Ltd
- 6.4.16 Sika AG
- 6.4.17 Solmax International Inc.
- 6.4.18 Soprema Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 New Emerging Markets and Applications