Product Code: 66580
Thailand's textile industry is a major non-western entity that constitutes more than 2000 garment companies and an almost equal number of textile firms most of which are located around Bangkok and eastern Thailand. The textile and apparel industry of the country plays a key role in the country's GDP and export revenue.
- Textile industry in the country is quite expansive in nature with a greater level of proficiency in the production, design, and sale to home textiles. It is a world-renowned silk producer which also manufactures spin or twist yarn. It is also excelling in the latest trend in the textile industry of eco-friendly finishing, dyeing, and printing services which meet global standards though it has to deal with some issues.
- Domestic consumer demand is however lower in the Thailand textile and garments industry, due to the lower purchasing power which compels the players to scour foreign markets to sell their textile and apparel products. Also, the textile industry in Thailand faces a shortage of raw material in the industry. For instance, it produces hardly 2% of the raw cotton that is in demand for its cotton fabrics manufacturing. Thus, this might prove as a hindrance for the newer market opportunities in comparison with China and India.
- Currently, the garment industry supports more than 1 million employees, while the textile industry employs about 200,000 people making these two industries the second most important employment sector in the country.
- Thailand eyes the United States of America, Japan, and the United Kingdom to export most of its garments. It is also focusing on the Russian market. The garment industry is expanding its footprint globally, while the government is aiming to become more involved with the industry by providing export credits and the development of vocational training. The private sector has partnered with the government to boost innovation in the textile industry and to bring in modern technology into the industrial processes of weaving, finishing, printing, knitting, and dying. Presently. the focus is on modernizing technology for greater efficiency, as well as improving the skills of people working in the sector and to increase the competence of the businesses operating in the textile and apparel industry.
Scope of the Report
A complete background analysis of the Thailand Textile Market, which includes an assessment of the parental market, emerging trends by segments and regional markets, Significant changes in market dynamics and market overview is covered in the report. The report also features the qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry's value chain.
Key Market Trends
Non-woven Textiles Segment is Expected to Witness a High Growth
The Non-woven materials are used in a wide range of applications in the industries of paper and packaging, automobile, agriculture, construction, textiles, healthcare, and medical. They are made of cross-laid, parallel-laid, or randomly laid webs tied up with adhesives or thermoplastic fibers.
- The material possesses properties of cushioning, thermal insulation, flame retardancy, strength, stretch, and softness. The non-woven materials segment in Thailand is anticipated to witness significant growth, owing to its multiple applications during the forecast period.
- Major applications of the product are in the automobile industry. Many interior and exterior parts of vehicles are manufactured using these materials. Physical properties, such as being lightweight, high moldability, and durability make these substances suitable to be used in vehicle components.
- The healthcare industry is a significant contributor to the growth of the non-woven materials segment. Increasing safety measures while undergoing medical surgeries and other medical operations is anticipated to positively affect the market studied in the near future.
- These materials are used in road constructions in the form of geotextiles to increase the durability of roads. Further, the maintenance cost associated with the use of these substances is quite low. Moreover, the growing transportation and construction industry is a driving factor in market growth. The government of Thailand has been supporting the growth of the non-woven textiles segment in the country.
Protective Textile Category Mark Huge Opportunity for the Textile Industry in Thailand
To meet the newly rising demand derived from the non-apparel side, the country's textile industry has significantly expanded in terms of its functionalities and variety providing fabrics with functions that go far and above the home furnishing and clothing. The protective textiles are textile products used to safeguard the user from any kind of environmental effect that might result in serious injuries. The demand for these products has been increasing significantly since 2012 with an average growth rate of 2.43% in the period from 2012 to 2018. The flame resistant suit is one of the most common protective uniforms. Thailand is home to many leading protective textile manufacturers, such as Glofab and Insuretex, that serve both local as well as foreign markets.
On a global scale, the textile industry in the country faces competition with other low-cost manufacturing countries such as Bangladesh, Vietnam, and Cambodia. Hence, the country needs to transform from a lower market where competition is huge to innovative products with fewer competitors and higher added value. The key market players include LukcyTex, Thanulux, Erawan, Hi-Tech Apparel, Nan Yang Textile Group, and others. The sector is made up of a few big firms and a large number of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). More than 90% of them fall under SMEs.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 2.1 Analysis Methodology
- 2.2 Research Phases
3 MARKET INSIGHTS AND DYNAMICS
- 3.1 Market Overview
- 3.2 Market Drivers
- 3.3 Market Restraints
- 3.4 Market Opportunities
- 3.5 Government Initiatives and Regulations
- 3.6 Value Chain Analysis
- 3.7 Insights on Technical Textiles Industry in Thailand (Companies Involved and other Information)
- 3.7.1 Mobility/Automotive Applications
- 3.7.2 Medical Applications
- 3.7.3 Agricultural Applications
- 3.7.4 Functional Apparel/Sports Apparel Applications
- 3.7.5 General Industrial Applications
- 3.7.6 Protective Applications (Fire Safety, Harnesses etc.)
- 3.7.7 Others
4 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 4.1 By Application (2015-2024)
- 4.1.1 Clothing and Apparel
- 4.1.2 Industrial/Technical Applications
- 4.1.3 Other Applications
- 4.2 By Material Type (2015-2024)
- 4.2.1 Cotton
- 4.2.2 Jute
- 4.2.3 Silk
- 4.2.4 Synthetics
- 4.2.5 Wool
- 4.2.6 Other Material Types
- 4.3 By Process (2015-2024)
- 4.3.1 Woven
- 4.3.2 Non-woven
5 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 5.1 Market Competition Overview
- 5.2 Key Players/Company Profiles
- 5.2.1 Company Profiles of Textile Manufacturers
- 5.2.2 Company Profiles of Apparel Manufacturers
- 5.2.3 Company Profiles of Technical Textiles Manufacturers
6 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 7.1 Economic Statistics for Thailand and Forecasts
- 7.2 Industry Statistics (Yarns, Fibers and Fabrics) and Forecasts, Production Capacity and Utilization, Profitability
- 7.3 Statistics and Footwear on Apparel Market in Thailand
- 7.4 External Trade Statistics on Textile and Apparel Industry