Product Code: 63537
The global low voltage cable market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as the growing urban population and expansion of distribution network to improve the electrification rate, along with the robust construction activity in the commercial sector, are driving the market demand. Moreover, the booming renewable industry incorporates the use of low voltage cables such as powering of vital equipment of a wind turbine and interconnections between solar panels and other photo-voltaic systems, which in turn is expected to drive the low voltage cable market. The challenge, however, is the delay in transmission & distribution (T&D) projects and slow economic growth globally, which is restraining the growth of the market.
- The underground cable segment is to expected to be the fastest growing segment for the low voltage cable market during the forecast period, owing to its several advantages in comparison to overhead installations plus increasing adoption of underground cable deployment by several developing countries.
- With rising electrification projects in Africa, low voltage cables are used to provide electricity from the distribution substations to the customer. The increasing rural electrification is expected to offer a tremendous opportunity for low voltage cables.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the market and also be the fastest growing market during the forecast period, driven by rise in energy demand associated with China and India, which are the major drivers of the low cable voltage market.
Key Market Trends
Underground Low Voltage Cable to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Deployment of underground cables instead of overhead ones has been one of the trends in regions, like Europe and North America, in the recent times. In urban areas, underground cables are more favored, as above-ground space is not available.
- Underground cables are also more reliable due to the lesser number of annual faults, compared to overhead ones. Despite the higher expenses in underground cables, utilities are now investing more in underground cables, and are encouraged by regulators in developing regions such as Asia-Pacific and Africa.
- In recent years, across Europe, specifically Germany and Netherlands, there is an increasing trend to replace the existing overhead distribution lines with underground cabling and give preference to underground cabling for new projects. Moreover, India is also witnessing increasing adoption of underground cables. Among the 100 smart city projects of the country, several projects include underground cables.
- Vietnam is also replacing the power cables from overhead to underground in two of its major cities, HCMC and Hanoi. Besides deploying underground cables in major roads, the exercise has also been extended to passages within the cities. The overhead cable replacements are expected to take place between 2020 and 2025, in turn, driving the market for underground cables.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific has emerged as one of the major low voltage cable markets in the recent years. The rise in energy demand associated with urbanization, economic modernization, and better living standards across the region has resulted in the growth of sustainable power systems, which in turn increased the demand for low voltage cable market in this region.
- Asia-Pacific's increasing investments in T&D networks and smart grid infrastructure is expected to increase the demand for low voltage cables. Countries such as China, Japan, and India are expected to be the fastest growing markets owing to their energy transition and smart grid infrastructure plans.
- In India, residential building construction is expected to witness significant growth in the near future, supported by the government's Housing For All plan and the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), slated to be completed by 2020. Under PMAY, the government is expected to build 60 million houses (40 million in rural areas and 20 million in cities) by 2022.
- China has installed nearly half of all new capacity in 2018 and continues to lead the global capacity additions in solar and wind. Increasing installation capacities of solar and wind energy in this region are expected to boost the demand for low voltage cables during the forecast period.
The low voltage cable market is fragmented. Some of the key players in the market include Prysmian SpA, NKT A/S,KEI Industries Limited, Cablel Hellenic Cables Group and Brugg Kabel AG.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Overhead
- 5.1.2 Underground
- 5.2 End-User
- 5.2.1 Commercial
- 5.2.2 Residential
- 5.2.3 Industrial
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Brugg Kabel AG
- 6.3.2 Cablel Hellenic Cables Group
- 6.3.3 CBI-electric Group
- 6.3.4 Encore Wire Corporation
- 6.3.5 Finolex Cables Ltd
- 6.3.6 KEI Industries Limited
- 6.3.7 Nexans S.A.
- 6.3.8 NKT A/S
- 6.3.9 Polycab Wires Pvt. Ltd
- 6.3.10 Prysmian SpA
- 6.3.11 Riyadh Cables Group of Companies
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS