Product Code: 63614
The Incident and Emergency Management Market was valued at a CAGR of 6.03% during the forecast period (2021-2026). Emergency situations are highly unpredictable; it takes intense planning, time, and human resources to recover from crisis situations.
- Incident and emergency management solutions play a vital role in helping agencies and government bodies to develop effective contingency plans when faced with natural and human-made calamities. As per a recent report by the Weather, Climate & Catastrophe Insight, the economic losses faced due to tropical cyclones, flooding, and drought were valued at USD 225 billion in 2018.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 1.35 million people succumb to death each year due to catastrophic road traffic accidents. Statistics from WHO also indicate that about 93% of these accidents occur in low and middle-income countries.
- Addressing the seriousness involved, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, founded by United Nations, has set an ambitious target of reducing the global number of deaths and injuries from catastrophic road traffic crashes by half by the end of 2020.
- A study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to understand car accidents' critical reasons indicated that reckless drivers cause about 94% of road accidents. Environmental factors, vehicles, and other unknown reasons are responsible for 2% of crashes each. Such statistics highlight the need for better safety measures.
- Given the criticality of first responders and public servants' roles, being the frontlines of responding to an unprecedented public health emergency such as the COVID-19 outbreak has attracted considerable attention towards incident and emergency management systems. To protect first responders, multiple departments are observed handling calls over the phone. On the other hand, agencies have been struggling with keeping workforces productive as more are quarantined at home and protecting officers from handling contaminated evidence.
Key Market Trends
Increase in Natural Disasters worldwide to Drive the Market Growth
- As natural disasters increase in frequency and severity, their recovery costs are also significantly increasing year-by-year. Moreover, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), in 2017, the United States had the costliest year ever, when it comes to natural disasters.
- The country experienced 16 different events, that resulted in more than a billion dollars in damage each, with a total price tag of USD 306.2 billion. Thus, it is vital that organizations work to save lives, protect property, and build communities back stronger after disaster strikes.
- Following Hurricane Irma in 2018, The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and US-based Tetra Tech built a robust emergency response solution using geographic information system (GIS) technology, which generated a common operating picture (COP). This allowed response teams to assign, manage, and track the status of tasks, such as assessment, identification, and mitigation.
- In disaster recovery solutions, it is of paramount importance to have a fast, reliable, and secure form of communication. Communication requirements in a disaster recovery can benefit from the flexibility, versatility, and quick deployment of satellite networks, enabling responders to coordinate first response activities and command, control and communicate urgent information, quickly and efficiently.
United States to Occupy Significant Share in the Market
- The United States is one of the major countries for the development of incident and emergency management market. The country is home to many global vendors of incidents and emergency management solutions. Many of the local governments in the country are increasingly adopting advanced solutions and services to protect public assets from disasters.
- According to the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI), since 1980, the United States has sustained 258 weather and climate disasters. It is estimated that the total cost of these 258 events crossed USD 1.75 trillion. Also, in 2019, there were 14 weather and climate disaster events with losses exceeding USD 1 billion each across the country. The year 2019 was also the fifth consecutive year, in which ten or even more billion-dollar weather and climate disaster events impacted the United States.
- Therefore, incident and emergency management solutions are increasingly adopted among the local agencies and government bodies, to develop effective contingency plans when faced with natural and human-made calamities.
- Owing to the dynamic nature of the situations faced during these incidents, the use of communication tools for interaction between various stakeholders evolved from professional PMR's to new-age solutions, such as UnifyVoice and UnifyVehicle. These solutions are being deployed in governmental institutions, such as the fire department and airports.
- Most of the airports in the country are also utilizing incident and response management solutions to manage the threat assessment, incident response, and resolution during critical events and security-related incidents impacting airport safety and operations. The country's domestic spending, classified as an emergency, has exploded from 5% of the total domestic discretionary spending in 2016 to 225% in 2018.
The existing players in the market, like IBM, NEC Corporation, and Honeywell among others are well penetrated and possess successful strategies to come up with new and differentiated products that would increase opportunities for them. Additionally, brand identity has a major influence in this market, as strong brands are considered to be synonymous with good performance.
- May 2020 - NEC Corporation also completed the development of biometric authentication terminal which can provide high levels of authentication accuracy and convenience for users within a wide range of environments. This new solution also incorporates with face recognition system which not only increases the accuracy of the system but also offers a cost-effective solution to its customers.
- March 2019 - Massachusetts-based Everbridge Inc. launched a crisis management solution designed to help organizations in managing the lifecycle of a critical event and accelerate response and recovery times.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Rising Threats from Extremists and Natural Disasters
- 5.1.2 Revamp of Legacy Incident and Emergency Management Solutions
- 5.1.3 Favorable Government Polices and Increased Financial Outlay from the Public Sector
- 5.2 Market Restraints
- 5.2.1 Cost and Infrastructural Issues remain a Key Challenge in New Markets
- 5.2.2 Low Awareness Levels and Disconnection between the Disaster Risk Reduction Policy and the Emergency Management in Practice
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 System
- 6.1.1 Web-based Emergency Management System
- 6.1.2 Emergency/Mass Notification System
- 6.1.3 Traffic Management System
- 6.1.4 Safety Management System
- 6.1.5 Disaster Recovery and Backup Systems
- 6.1.6 Other Systems
- 6.2 Solution
- 6.2.1 Geospatial Solution
- 6.2.2 Disaster Recovery Solution
- 6.2.3 Situational Awareness Solution
- 6.3 Service
- 6.3.1 Professional Service
- 6.3.2 Managed Service
- 6.4 End User
- 6.4.1 Government
- 6.4.2 BFSI
- 6.4.3 Transportation and Logistics
- 6.4.4 Healthcare
- 6.4.5 Manufacturing
- 6.4.6 IT and Telecom
- 6.4.7 Other End Users
- 6.5 Geography
- 6.5.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 6.5.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 6.5.3 Asia Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 6.5.4 Rest of the World
- 22.214.171.124 Latin America
- 126.96.36.199 Middle-East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 NEC Corporation
- 7.1.2 Hexagon AB
- 7.1.3 Honeywell International Inc.
- 7.1.4 Alert Technologies Corporation
- 7.1.5 The Response Group
- 7.1.6 Veoci (Grey Wall Software LLC)
- 7.1.7 Eccentex Corporation
- 7.1.8 Haystax Technology
- 7.1.9 MissionMode Solutions Inc
- 7.1.10 Resolver Inc.
- 7.1.11 NC4 Inc.
- 7.1.12 MetricStream Inc.
- 7.1.13 IBM Corporation
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS