Product Code: 63673
The data loss prevention market was valued at USD 1.21 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 3.75 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 23.59% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. Data loss prevention (DLP) solutions are gaining traction, as enterprises are looking for different ways to reduce the risk of data leakage to external entities.
- The increasing instances of data breaches, coupled with other factors, such as DLP as a service, DLP functionality extending into the cloud, and advanced threat protection, have increased the focus on the data loss protection solutions across the emerging economies.
- As the demand for digital assets increases, there is growth in a massive amount of both structured and unstructured data, which is propelling the need for data protection services with a strategic focus on data-centric organizations. Many large enterprises in the fortune global 500 have invested in the DLP market for almost 15 years. Currently, the market studied is emerging as a critical security strategy within reach of mid-sized enterprises.
- Historically, DLP solutions have been heavily utilized in regulated industries, such as healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, energy, and government. However, with the increasing need for protection, DLP solution providers are also targeting the advisory and services companies dealing with a wide range of end-user industries.
- According to Cisco Systems, the global IP data traffic has increased from 96,054 petabytes per month in 2016 to 150,910 petabytes per month in 2018. Furthermore, this is anticipated to reach 278,108 petabytes per month by 2021. Also, the growing volume of Big Data across the business eco-system is gaining maturity. A recent study by Accenture of May 2018 states that 79% of enterprise executives agreed that companies that do not embrace Big Data would lose their competitive position and are expected to face extinction. Currently, 83% of enterprises pursued Big Data projects to seize a competitive edge.
- Such figures indicate the vulnerability of the data and the need for data protection. Also, with the data being shared across the public domain, content analysis is expected to become essential across the DLP solutions.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Industry to Witness Significant Growth
- The technological advancement in components, such as sensors, and their application in healthcare is opening doors for the adoption of industry 4.0 and data analytics. Hence, digital transformation is taking place rapidly.
- According to a survey by HIMSS, 60% of the healthcare organizations use the cloud for backup and data recovery. Also, 51% are using the cloud for its core clinical operations and data.
- Therefore, health-related data is moving more and more from paper to electronic records. It is determining changes in how healthcare organizations processing healthcare records are managing and protecting confidential data today. This has resulted in an increase in electronic health/medical records, which requires data loss prevention solutions.
United States to Account for the Largest Market Share
- The United States is experiencing an increased number of data breaches. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), the average number of breaches in the country has increased marginally over the past few years. According to the ITRC's recent estimates, average number of data breaches faced by the United States increased from 496 breaches average per year between 2006 and 2012, to 1,024 breaches average per year between 2013 and 2018.
- According to the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC), the United States witnessed more than 1,244 number of data breaches in 2018, which led to the exposing of more than 445 million of exposed records. These increasing activities of data breaches in various industries are expected to be the primary factor driving the demand for data loss prevention solutions during the forecast period.
- The healthcare industry in the United States is also witnessing many data breaches as the health-related data is moving rapidly toward electronic records. This has resulted in an increase in electronic health/medical records, which requires data loss prevention solutions. According to the HIPAA, the top-three data breaches in the healthcare sector witnessed a combined loss of more than 5.2 patient records which includes organizations, like AccudocSolutions, UnityPointHealth, and Employees Retirement System of Texas.
- Compliance continues to be the key driver of DLP. However, enterprise digital transformation strategies, most notably cloud adoption, Big Data analytics, and IoT enablement, are driving the enterprise security teams in the region to adopt pure-play vendor products to identify and classify the sensitive data throughout the organization and reallocate data security controls based on the criticality of the corporate information.
- Further, the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak in the region has increased the number of organizations working remotely. According to ALM Media Properties, LLC, an estimated 58% or more American workers are now working remotely. This number has increased by more than 30% from pre-COVID-19 averages and dwarfs previous figures that reported roughly 7% of the U.S.'s 140 million civilian employees worked from home. This mass shuft from the conventional workplace has been a welcome shift in employer expectations and telework policies for various organizations.
The data loss prevention market is concentrated with the presence of a few dominating players in the market. Also, vendors in the market are investing heavily to create a significant impact on the market.
- February 2020 -Menlo Security announced first Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution powered by an Isolation Core. The solution is available as part of the Global Cloud Proxy Platform built on the company's patented Isolation Core. As companies embrace digital transformation and adopt SaaSservices, isolation-based DLP is more critical than ever to keep information safe and maintain regulatory compliance by providing complete data visibility and control.
- May 2019 - Trend Micro launched new cloud and container security solutions. It is the complete security from a single solution protecting across cloud and container workloads. This will elevate protection across the entire DevOps lifecycle and runtime stack.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Rising Data Breaches and Cyber Attacks across the World
- 4.2.2 Increasing Compliance and Regulatory Demands
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Deployment
- 5.1.1 On-premise
- 5.1.2 Cloud-based
- 5.2 Solution
- 5.2.1 Network DLP
- 5.2.2 Endpoint DLP
- 5.2.3 Datacenter/Storage-based DLP
- 5.2.4 Cloud DLP
- 5.3 End User Industry
- 5.3.1 IT and Telecommunication
- 5.3.2 BFSI
- 5.3.3 Government
- 5.3.4 Healthcare
- 5.3.5 Manufacturing
- 5.3.6 Retail and Logistics
- 5.3.7 Other End User Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles*
- 6.1.1 Symantec Corporation
- 6.1.2 Broadcom Corporation
- 6.1.3 Trend Micro Incorporated
- 6.1.4 GTB Technologies Inc.
- 6.1.5 Cisco Systems Inc.
- 6.1.6 Digital Guardian Inc.
- 6.1.7 Forcepoint LLC
- 6.1.8 McAfee LLC
- 6.1.9 Zecurion
- 6.1.10 Absolute Software Corporation
- 6.1.11 Proofpoint Inc.
- 6.1.12 Gemalto NV
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET