Product Code: 61476
The market for municipal water treatment chemicals is likely to grow at a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. One of the major driving factors of the market is rising environmental concerns for release of toxic wastes. However, the lack of awareness regarding chemical water treatment technologies is likely to restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for municipal water treatment chemicals in Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa is also likely to boost the demand for municipal water treatment chemicals.
- Shifting focus towards the usage of green chemicals is expected to provide new opportunities for market growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Corrosion and Scale Inhibitors to Dominate the Market
- In 2018, Corrosion and Scale inhibitors accounted for the major market share.
- Corrosion inhibitors are general purpose chemicals applied to deal with corrosion caused in boilers. Corrosion occurs due to the reaction of oxygen with metallic parts in a boiler to form oxides.
- Scale inhibitors are used to slow or prevent scaling in water systems. They safeguard open and closed cooling systems and maintain the efficiency and accurate water conditions of the boiler.
- The oil & gas and petrochemical industry is one of the largest users of scale inhibitors with the majority of demand coming from Middle East & Africa. The demand in the Asia-Pacific region is due to the presence of power, textile & paper and sugar mills industry.
- Moreover, the food & beverage processing in the ASEAN countries will also add up to the demand.
- Hence, corrosion and scale inhibitors are expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific has accounted for the major market share in 2018 owing to the high demand from countries like China and India.
- China, being the largest populated country in the world, faces one of the most challenging tasks to address, the water scarcity situation.
- Additionally, the government of developing economies, including China, India, and Thailand have been taking strict measures for water treatment, which, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for municipal water treatment chemicals in the region.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market owing to the aforementioned reasons.
The market for municipal water treatment chemicals is partly consolidated as the market share is divided among few key companies. Some of the major companies of the market includes Accepta The Water Treatment Products Company, DowDupont, Lonza, and Solvay, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa
- 4.1.2 Rising Environmental Concerns for Release of Toxic Wastes
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Dearth of Awareness Regarding Chemical Water Treatment Technologies
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Biocide and Disinfectant
- 5.1.2 Coagulant and Flocculant
- 5.1.3 Corrosion and Scale Inhibitor
- 5.1.4 Defoamer and Defoaming Agent
- 5.1.5 pH Adjuster and Softener
- 5.1.6 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Accepta The Water Treatment Products Company
- 6.4.2 Akzo Nobel NV
- 6.4.3 Albemarle Corporation
- 6.4.4 American Water Chemicals Inc.
- 6.4.5 Arkema Group
- 6.4.6 Avista Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.7 BASF SE
- 6.4.8 Chemtex Speciality Limited
- 6.4.9 Chemtrade Logistics Inc.
- 6.4.10 ChemTreat, Inc.
- 6.4.11 DowDuPont
- 6.4.12 Ecolab
- 6.4.13 Huntsman International LLC
- 6.4.14 Kemira
- 6.4.15 Lonza
- 6.4.16 Solenis
- 6.4.17 Solvay
- 6.4.18 SUEZ
- 6.4.19 Thermax Global
- 6.4.20 Veolia
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Shifting Focus toward the Usage of Green Chemicals