Product Code: 58807
The quartz crystal oscillators market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.5%, during the forecast period of 2019 -2024. Driven by high demand for quartz crystal oscillators from the telecommunication sector, the market is catering the customer with constant innovation and development. For instance, in November 2018, Oscilloquartz, (ADVA) company, launched the OSA 5440, the ultimate tool for fixed, mobile and cable network operators looking to prepare for 5G while maximizing the value of their frequency synchronization infrastructure. The new solution delivers highly precise, phase and time-of-day synchronization with unbeatable resilience and scale. It offers full hardware redundancy, line rates up to 10Gbit/s and an unprecedented number of fan-out options.
- Quartz crystals in oscillators result in high-frequency stability, a high-quality factor of the resonance and low temperature drift. Apart from these factors, Quartz crystals are cheap to produce and find many applications in clock circuits in microprocessor boards, the timing element in digital watches, radio frequency applications, along with telecommunications and data transmission. They are the most important components for frequency control applications, like telecommunication and data transmission.
- Telecommunication systems, like SONET SDH, require a high stability system clock to prevent time slips or data loss. Ever evolving telecommunication technology and increased penetration of the smartphones across are leading to quartz crystal oscillators are expected to drive the market.
- Moreover, healthcare devices require crystal oscillators in products such as pacemakers. Therefore, the constantly evolving medical industry is expected to fuel the crystal oscillators market.
- The typical smartphone or tablet requires up to five oscillators. However, evolving technology has introduced advanced versions of the crystal oscillators, like Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) resonator-based clocks and oscillators, which is hindering the growth of quartz crystal oscillators.
- Experts suggest that MEMS offer 10 times better reliability than comparable quartz oscillators. Since, oscillators are judged based on the reliability and aging, going forward with the changing demands these oscillators are likely to be replaced.
Scope of the Report
A quartz crystal oscillator is an electronic oscillator circuit that utilizes mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material such as quartz to develop an electrical signal with a precise frequency. This frequency is used to keep track of time to provide a stable clock signal. Therefore, it is used in all those products which utilize the concept of precise and stable clocks. Crystal oscillator has its applications in a wide range of products spanning domains such as military and aerospace, research and measurement, industrial, automotive and consumer products. The growth rates of these domains majorly determine the growth rate of the crystal oscillators market.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics Segment to Hold a Major Share in the Application Segment of the Market
- Consumer electronics products include television sets, radios, cellular phones, cordless phones, computers, pagers, VCRs, etc. Increasing penetration of smartphones and tablets is a significant driver for the crystal oscillators market.
- The quartz crystal oscillators are used in various consumer electronic devices. These quartz oscillators are used to generate accurate reference frequency in electronic systems. The increasing popularity of smartphones is expected to drive the consumer electronics segment.
- Moreover, technological advancements, such as the quartz MEMS technology are further driving the demand for the quartz crystal oscillators market in the consumer electronics segment. With the increase in the use of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo chipset in smartphone applications, crystal oscillator growth is increasing.
- Considering the increasing number of applications, the consumer electronics segment is expected to see strong potential growth during the forecast period.
- According to the Office for National Statistics (UK), sales of mounted piezo-electric crystals in the United Kingdom (UK) is declining from the year 2014 to the year 2017. This may be due to MEMS technology disrupting the Quartz crystal oscillators market.
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market
- The Asia-Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding smartphone consumer base especially in the major economies, such as India and China in the region.
- Latest technological breakthroughs have assisted the advancements in new crystal oscillators that can make the overall processes more efficient and significantly improve accuracy in different applications.
- There had been a series of new product launches, mergers, and acquisitions in Asia-Pacific to take advantage of this opportunity. The primary driver behind the investments has been the continuous evolution and application of new technologies to unlock enormous volumes that were previously considered non-commercial.
- With these series of investments, consumer electronics, and industrial and automotive applications, Asia-Pacific is set to boom in the coming years.
The quartz crystal oscillators market is consolidated as the major share of the market is occupied by top players. Moreover, due to the high competition among the existing players is making tough for new players to enter. Some of the key players include Miyazaki Epson Corporation, Nihon Dempa Kogyo (NDK) Co., LTD., Oscilloquartz (ADVA), Murata Manufacturing, Daishinku Corp.(KDS), Rakon Ltd., River Eletec Corp., Vectron International (Microsemi Corp.), among others.
- May 2019 - Nihon Dempa Kogyo Co., Ltd. developed a highly reliable crystal oscillator (XO) that withstands severe vibrations and shocks and is highly resistant to radiation in the space environment as space-use electronics mounted on satellites and rockets.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Growing Smartphones Markets
- 4.2.2 Fast Changing Internet Connectivity Technology
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Evolving Osciallators Likely to Replace Quartz Crystal Oscillator
- 4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Circuit Type
- 5.1.1 Simple Packaged Crystal Oscillator (Spxo)
- 5.1.2 Temperature-Compensated Crystal Oscillator (Tcxo)
- 5.1.3 Voltage-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Vcxo)
- 5.1.4 Frequency-Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Fcxo)
- 5.1.5 Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (Ocxo)
- 5.1.6 Other Circuit Types
- 5.2 By Mounting Type
- 5.2.1 Surface Mount
- 5.2.2 Thru-Hole
- 5.3 By End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Telecommunication
- 5.3.2 Consumer Electronics
- 5.3.3 Military and Aerospace
- 5.3.4 Industrial
- 5.3.5 Automotive
- 5.3.6 Medical Equipment
- 5.3.7 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Miyazaki Epson Corporation
- 6.1.2 Nihon Dempa Kogyo (NDK) Co., LTD.
- 6.1.3 Oscilloquartz (ADVA)
- 6.1.4 Murata Manufacturing
- 6.1.5 Daishinku Corp.(KDS)
- 6.1.6 Rakon Ltd.
- 6.1.7 River Eletec Corp.
- 6.1.8 Vectron International (Microsemi Corp.)
- 6.1.9 Siward Crystal Technology
- 6.1.10 Hosonic Electronic
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS