Product Code: 48986
The Hazardous Lighting market was valued at USD 1893.43 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 3032.23 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. IIoT integration will expand with LED light penetration. By integrating Wi-Fi boosters, sensors that can detect airborne pollutants, or RFID tags or volumetric sensors that can measure storage capacity and product volume, LED lighting can become an integral part of an IIoT solution that enhances overall productivity and visibility in the hazardous location.
- Replacement of traditional lighting systems with LEDs is driving the market because of their ability to dramatically reduce energy consumption and as they contain no hazardous chemicals their disposal contains less of hazardous effects.
- Regulatory standards promoting the use of lighting is driving the market as industry and regulatory standards define the criteria for designating a work area as a hazardous location and atmosphere around an industrial or manufacturing facility, for example, might include concentrations of flammable vapors, dusts, or fibers, by which demand of lighting which contain light fixtures with stronger housing and tempered glass that encase sparks and other potential ignition sources away from a flammable substance is greatly increasing.
- However, rising environmental concern is restraining the market as the quality of diodes' lighting is highly dependent on the ambient operating temperature. At high temperatures there are changes in the parameters of the current passing through the semiconductor elements, which can lead to burning out the module, especially LED. This issue affects the places and surfaces exposed to very rapid increases of temperature or very high temperature (steel mills).
Scope of the Report
The hazardous lighting market is attributed to the substitution of older lighting technologies by newer ones, due to their longer operational lifespan, lower energy consumption, and higher operating temperature range. Increasing adoption among different end-user industries such as oil & gas, power generation, pharmaceutical is boosting the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
LED Lighting to Account for Significant Market Share
- LED lighting for hazardous locations holds the potential to save operating and maintenance costs for facilities operators. LED luminaires are rated for use in areas where flammable gases and vapors are present under conditions defined by NEC Class I, Division 2 and IEC Zone 2.
- LEDs produce no harmful ultraviolet or infrared radiation. These properties offer many benefits by lowering cooling costs, simplifying maintenance, prolonging product life, avoiding damage to eyes and sensitive equipment, and providing a margin of safety in a hazardous environment.
- Mining applications are often subjected to high vibrations, debris, chemicals and explosive solutions and LED contain no moving parts and are more durable and better withstand shock and corrosion and their ability to ignite spark free is added advantage to it.
Asia-Pacific to Gain Significant Market Share
- Asia-Pacific is expected to account for a significant market share owing to the high industrial and infrastructure development in the region and the need for energy-efficient lighting technologies across the hazardous industrial application is increasing.
- Growth in Chinese demand for LNG in line with its coal-to-gas switching policy coincides with rising demand for LNG in Asia-Pacific, by which new oil and gas plant project is projected to grow in India, China and Indonesia, which will increase the demand of lighting in the hazardous location in oil and gas industry.
- Moreover, China has 305 planned and announced petrochemical plants, with a total capacity of about 152.4 mtpa, by 2030 with major capacity additions coming from Hengli Petrochemical and China Petrochemical Corp., due to which there is high demand of hazardous lighting in this country, especially for LED lighting as China has the most significant market regarding LED Lights
The hazardous lighting market is highly fragmented as players in the market continuously strive to maintain a competitive edge. These businesses have different levels of technical management and production management which are giving a high rivalry in the market. Key players are Thomas & Betts Corporation (ABB Ltd), Emerson Industrial Automation, Digital Lumens Inc., etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- June 2019 - R.STAHL TRANBERG, a leading provider of marine lighting and electrical heating services and part of the R.STAHL GROUP launched the TRANBERG BlueLine Lighting Series, which is a portfolio of high quality, cost-effective and next-generation lighting for the maritime and offshore oil & gas sector. This will increase functionalities and greater flexibility and resolution in searchlight operations, with the ability to move faster and incorporate both vertical and horizontal movements.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Replacement of Traditional Lighting Systems With LEDs
- 4.3.2 Regulatory Standards Promoting the Use of Lighting
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Rising Environmental Concerns
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 LED Lighting
- 5.1.2 Incandescent Lighting
- 5.1.3 HID Lighting
- 5.1.4 Fluorescent Lighting
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 By Class
- 5.2.1 Class I
- 5.2.2 Class II
- 5.2.3 Class III
- 5.3 By Hazardous Zone
- 5.3.1 Zone 0
- 5.3.2 Zone 20
- 5.3.3 Zone 1
- 5.3.4 Zone 21
- 5.3.5 Zone 2
- 5.3.6 Zone 22
- 5.4 By End-user Industry
- 5.4.1 Oil & Gas
- 5.4.2 Power Generation
- 5.4.3 Chemical & Petrochemical
- 5.4.4 Pharmaceutical
- 5.4.5 Other End-user Industries
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.4 Latin America
- 5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Thomas & Betts Corporation (ABB Ltd)
- 6.1.2 Emerson Industrial Automation
- 6.1.3 Digital Lumens Inc.
- 6.1.4 Unimar Inc.
- 6.1.5 GE Lighting LLC
- 6.1.6 Chalmit Lighting Limited
- 6.1.7 Worksite Lighting LLC
- 6.1.8 Hilclare Limited
- 6.1.9 AZZ Lighting Systems
- 6.1.10 Larson Electronics
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS