Product Code: 50043
The modular construction market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.16% during the forecast period, 2019 - 2024. Increasing demand from the construction industries in the countries of Asia-Pacific, is driving the demand for the modular construction market. However, shortage of skilled labor across the industry is set to stunt the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Time and cost-effective method of construction is expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.
- Recovering construction industry in Europe is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Relocatable Modular Construction - A Huge Market Potential
- A relocatable building is a partially- or completely-assembled building that complies with applicable codes and state regulations, and is constructed in a building manufacturing facility, using a modular construction technique.
- Relocatable modular buildings are designed to be reused or repurposed multiple times and transported to different sites. Some owners or manufacturers provide lease for such relocatable modular building services, as per the consumers' requirements for office expansion, auditorium space, and medical facilities, in a short-term agreement.
- Consumers served by relocatable modular buildings include state, provincial, and local governments, non-profit organizations, corporations, school boards, health care providers, retail establishments, as well as individuals, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. School districts, across North America, are the largest owners of relocatable classrooms buildings.
- These factors are leading to the increasing demand in the modular construction market throughout the study period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
Asia-Pacific holds the largest share of the market worldwide, and China alone has more than 7,000 indigenous dedicated players. The rapid increase in population in the regions of China and India is expected to give a rise in modular construction activity. The key areas of expected growth are social infrastructure, schools, hospitals, government accommodation, water, defense infrastructure, and water resources. Singapore has mandated elements of prefabricated, pre-finished, and volumetric construction (PPVC) for all projects on government land. The government backs this with subsidies for companies that participate with the aim of increasing and standardizing modern methods of construction (MMC) in the country. All such factors are increasing the demand for modular construction in the Asia-pacific region.
The modular construction market is highly fragmented. Key players in the modular construction market include Balfour Beatty PLC, ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA, Red Sea Housing Services, KEF Infra, and Larsen & Toubro Limited.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increasing Demand from Construction Industries in the Countries of Asia-Pacific
- 4.3.2 Time & Cost-Effective Method of Construction
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Construction
- 5.1.1 Permanent Modular
- 5.1.2 Relocatable Modular
- 5.2 Material
- 5.2.1 Steel
- 5.2.2 Concrete
- 5.2.3 Wood
- 5.2.4 Plastic
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Commercial
- 5.3.2 Industrial / Institutional
- 5.3.3 Residential
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 US
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 UK
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Spain
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios S.A.
- 6.3.2 Balfour Beatty Plc
- 6.3.3 Bouygues Construction
- 6.3.4 Guerdon Enterprises, LLC
- 6.3.5 JL Modular, Inc.
- 6.3.6 Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- 6.3.7 KEF Infra
- 6.3.8 Kiewit Corporation
- 6.3.9 Laing O'Rourke
- 6.3.10 Palomar Modular Buildings
- 6.3.11 Red Sea Housing Services
- 6.3.12 Larsen & Toubro Limited
- 6.3.13 System House R & C Co. Ltd.
- 6.3.14 Taisei Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8 Recovering Construction Industry in Europe