Product Code: 60292
The market for membrane water chemicals is expected to register a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period. One of the key factors driving the market growth is the emergence of the smart water grid and related solutions. Stringent regulations to control produced ad wastewater disposal are also likely to boost the demand for membrane water chemicals.
- Pre-treatment chemical type has dominated the market globally and is expected to grow during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of RO water treatment systems in different industries, such as drinking water treatment, food, and beverage, pulp and paper, power generation, etc.
- Increasing demand from the municipal and manufacturing sector is also expected to boost the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals, during the forecast period.
- Increased European wastewater rehabilitation activities are likely to provide strong growth opportunities for the market in the future.
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the market and is expected to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Pre-treatment chemicals to dominate the Market
- To increase the lifetime and efficiency of the membranes, pre-treatment is performed on the feed water before allowing them to enter into a membrane system. The major chemicals which are used in the pre-treatment phase are flocculants, coagulants, anti-scalants.
- Coagulants neutralize the negative electrical charge present on the harmful colloidal particles and destabilize the forces keeping colloids apart. Water treatment coagulants are comprised of positively charged molecules that when added to the contaminated water and mixed, accomplish this charge neutralization.
- Flocculants are substances that promote the clumping of destabilized particles, which are obtained after being treated with coagulants; the coagulants neutralize the charge on colloidal particles responsible for keeping them apart. These agents promote flocculation by causing colloids and other suspended particles to aggregate and drop out of the liquid.
- Anti-scalant chemicals are used for the pretreatment of membranes and to increase the durability of the membrane water treatment system. The anti-scalants control the scales formed by calcium sulfate, barium sulfate, calcium carbonate, iron, strontium sulfate, calcium fluoride, silica, colloidal material and other organic & inorganic contaminants of the membrane system.
- Additionally, with the increasing health concerns over the consumption of freshwater have driven the market for RO water system in household water treatment for drinking purposes. thus increasing the consumption of pre-treatment chemicals thereby increasing the demand for water treatment chemicals during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region had dominated the global market share. China was the largest market for desalination systems globally, in the Asia-Pacific market.
- According to the State Oceanic Administration (SOA), the country has around 131 seawater desalination plants, which produce 66.6% of the desalinated water for industrial purposes, and the remainder for residential use. North China has approximately 90% of the country's coal-based industries. Furthermore, North China has fewer reserves of freshwater, thus increasing the demand for wastewater technologies, which, in turn, is providing opportunities for the membrane water treatment chemicals market.
- Also, China has a booming textile and mineral processing industries, which are likely to boost the market growth. In India, water purification is expected to show a good increase during the forecast period, owing to various government initiatives.
- The Council on Energy, Environment, and Water (CEEW), in association with the 2030 Water Resources Group, is planning to improve wastewater management in India, along with increasing private investments, to build wastewater treatment plants. This is likely to drive market growth in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
The membrane water treatment chemicals market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major companies in the market include Veolia, SOLENIS, SUEZ, Kurita Water Industries Ltd, and Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Emergence of Smart Water Grid and Related Solutions
- 4.1.2 Stringent Regulations to Control Produced and Wastewater Disposal
- 4.1.3 Increasing Demand from the Municipal and Manufacturing Sector
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Low Adoption in Developing Countries
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Chemical Type
- 5.1.1 Pre-treatment
- 5.1.2 Biological Controllers
- 5.1.3 Other Chemical Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Food and Beverage Processing
- 5.2.2 Healthcare
- 5.2.3 Municipal
- 5.2.4 Chemicals (Including Pulp and Paper)
- 5.2.5 Power
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of the North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Major Players**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Accepta Ltd
- 6.4.2 Avista Technologies, Inc.
- 6.4.3 AXEON Water Technologies
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 BWA Water Additives
- 6.4.6 Chemtrade Logistics Inc.
- 6.4.7 ChemTreat Inc.
- 6.4.8 Ecolab
- 6.4.9 Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- 6.4.10 Kemira
- 6.4.11 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
- 6.4.12 Solenis
- 6.4.13 SUEZ
- 6.4.14 Veolia Water Technologies
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increased European Wastewater Network Rehabilitation Activities
- 7.2 Other Opportunities